2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.

I've had my Type R GT (red) for a few weeks now, and have recently noticed what looks like two small dents / blemishes on the left hand side body panel under the rear lights and to the left of the number plate. It is quite subtle, but once noticed quite obvious, especially when the light hits it.

I showed the dealership, who agreed it wasn't right and booked it in for a brand new boot panel. This was done yesterday, but having checked it carefully, it's exactly the same. I looked at a couple of other Civic's in the showroom (including the 5 door) and can see it on all of them...

It looks like a manufacturing moulding issue, where something seems to be pushing out from the inside of the componant.

I would be very interested to see if anyone else has noticed this on their cars? If I'm right in thinking this is on all Civic's, I'm guessing that it can't be fixed...

Many thanks. Adam

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Folks.

I've had my Type R GT (red) for a few weeks now, and have recently noticed what looks like two small dents / blemishes on the left hand side body panel under the rear lights and to the left of the number plate. It is quite subtle, but once noticed quite obvious, especially when the light hits it.

I showed the dealership, who agreed it wasn't right and booked it in for a brand new boot panel. This was done yesterday, but having checked it carefully, it's exactly the same. I looked at a couple of other Civic's in the showroom (including the 5 door) and can see it on all of them...

It looks like a manufacturing moulding issue, where something seems to be pushing out from the inside of the componant.

I would be very interested to see if anyone else has noticed this on their cars? If I'm right in thinking this is on all Civic's, I'm guessing that it can't be fixed...

Many thanks. Adam
Hi Adam

Maybe it affects more recent models only. My car is 12 months old and mine is OK.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just phoned Honda, who now tell me the panel wasn't actually replaced... As they ordered the wrong part. However, have still noticed the same problem on other cars. It's the part of the boot which sticks out, rather than directly next to the number plate.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Adam
I've got them as well on my 5 door, it took me 2 weeks to notice them. I've actually got 2 sets of marks. They are not dents, rather more like bumps. Dealer said he would replace the panel at my first service.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Just phoned Honda, who now tell me the panel wasn't actually replaced... As they ordered the wrong part. However, have still noticed the same problem on other cars. It's the part of the boot which sticks out, rather than directly next to the number plate.
Surely not another service dept saying they've done the job only to be rumbled later!? :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad I'm not the only one... I wonder if HUK has also spotted this problem and changed the manufacturing mouldings, otherwise dealers might as well not bother changing them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one... I wonder how i missed it..
Have 4 bumps total.
To the left and right of "Civic" - And the mirror side.

Shows when the car is clean. Tok me 5.monts to see this.
Can this be fiksed?
How do i tell delear about this...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Shakey

I would take it to your dealer, who 'should' agreed to replace the panel. If they don't, I would tell them that other people have had the same problem and their dealers acknowledge the problem and are replacing them under warranty.

Just make sure that when you collect the car afterwards, that they haven't forgotten to re-fit a new badge (which apparently needs a new one, rather than re-fitting the existing one) as they did with mine... opps.

I think this is a problem on all civics, both 3 & 5 door. Has anyone else noticed this aswell?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think this is a problem on all civics, both 3 & 5 door. Has anyone else noticed this aswell?
Hi Adam,

My two week old Type-S has this too. Two square-ish bumps in the bootlid panel, to the left of the number plate under the light cluster.

Did you get any resolution through your dealer, or is it a "standard" manufacturing defect?

Cheers,
Rich

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,174 Posts
ive got this on mine as well, and would say all civics have got it as there is something moulded behind it and this is whats showing.

ive seen this on other plastic body panels on other cars/bikes etc so nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Someone can take a picture of it?? Mine Civic has its first service wednesday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Richard.

The dealer did replace mine without any problems, although the new one is 'exactly' the same. I'm guessing this is a manufacturing issue, as I've seen this on a number of Civic's - both 3 & 5 door. I would ask the dealer to replace it and see if the new one is any better.

I am actually selling my Type R at the moment, so haven't followed it up with the dealer, so not sure if Honda have fixed the problem yet.

Best of luck with getting it sorted.

Adam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Took a good look at mine today, and although you need to look carefully at various angles, the two marks are there. The car was delivered in March this year after 6 week wait.

I reckon all civics have got these marks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All, I have a similar probelm.

Dealer thought it was brackets but I am informed that they are moulding marks so definately a manufacturing fault.

I am in discussions with Honda at the moment but do phone and complain as they said they havent had any complaints (I dont beleive them).

A quick tour around the dealers with a bodyshop guy ad they are all the same (black seems to show it up most and some are worse than others).

New boot wont fix it unless they sort out the moulding process

Crap isn't it:(

·
King of the rodeo
4,826 Posts
I looked and looked and couldn't see anything. Maybe They'll show up better after a wash though. If everyone has them it can't be a fault though surely?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought that at first but when it is very clean and in the sun light they are all there. Honda have aknowledged the problem as being on all 3 and 5 door models as it is part of the manufacturing process.

Looks like you have been lucky and the mould marks are hardly visible.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have already wrote in this thread, that I have the same problem also.
All the cars I have checked (at the dealer) have the same problem + that body part over the reverse light is made from plastic =so=> I don't worry about it at all!;)

there are some similar small issues on every car (on mine also) but I just turn my head in the other direction, I don't want to open my ears to hear the smallest rattle etc. etc. If I always think on the -- stuff I can't enjoy my 95% perfect car! (Belive me none of the cars are perfect but the Civic is the closest to that!:cool:)
so guys don't worry about everything to much better enjoy the car as a papckage!;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts