2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Grumpy Old Git ;)
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had the above and found a resolution?

3 USB sticks tried, via either PC or mac, latest Garmin Express and latest maps.

Each time either between 85 and 99% the upload fails.

16gb
32gb (this worked fine on her HR-V)
64gb (this worked fine on my BMW)

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I personally have not bothered with map updates cos it's a pain. Did get the dealers to one and went to Cornwall and it kept getting me lost. Have used Waze ever since useing Android Auto and found it brilliant especially speed cameras.馃槑

I've updated mine a couple of times without problem. I do remember it 'sticking' for quite a long time when nearly finished, but I've not had a fail to date. Other than saying that which helps you not at all, I'm stumped.
Ask a dealer to do it for you is the only option that I can think of. Is the car still under warranty?

Grumpy Old Git ;)
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that鈥檚 the plan. It鈥檚 going in soon to have the air con condenser replaced and we鈥檒l mention it then.
Never had any issues on her previous HR-V.

Registered
Maybe do a hard power down of the system first.
Hold power bottom for 5 second then try update again. Also remember to have car engine running during the update as you need don't want to risk draining the battery. Also which USB port did you use?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

3 USB sticks tried, via either PC or mac, latest Garmin Express and latest maps.

Each time either between 85 and 99% the upload fails.
Is that when Garmin Express is downloading the maps, OR when the maps are being loaded onto your memory stick, OR when you are updating the car?

Grumpy Old Git ;)
Discussion Starter #9
Both ports, engine running.
Even cleared the Android cache, forced an app stop too.
Next try will be to disable Bluetooth.

Grumpy Old Git ;)
Discussion Starter #10
Is that when Garmin Express is downloading the maps, OR when the maps are being loaded onto your memory stick, OR when you are updating the car?
When updating the car.

Like wot azc said. But I'm certain that a system reboot is a bit harder than holding ]the power button for 5 secs. But I have forgotten. It was a while ago since I last did it.

Registered
Was USB stick formatted to fat32 before been used for the process?

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Grumpy Old Git ;)
Discussion Starter #14
Full factory reset completed, followed that article to the letter.
As above tried different systems, mac and PC.
Think it鈥檚 a dealer job.

Never had those issues in the past when updating the nav.

I Hate tailgaters!
Format usb 32 gb stick.
Put in car usb engine off. Start engine, wait for satnav to boot. Go to page with map update following instructions. Wait 30 seconds. Turn car off. Wait 30 seconds before withdrawing usb stick.
Put in computer and open Garmin app. Follow instructions to load map. Right click eject usb once finished. With mobile off so no Bluetooth interference and nothing else plugged into other USB ports. Put in car. Start engine, wait for satnav to boot. Follow instructions to finished. Switch car off. Extract usb stick. Start car to check. Put usb stick somewhere you will find it next time needed.

Grumpy Old Git ;)
Discussion Starter #17
Not working.
Been through many permutations.

Super Moderator
I personally have not bothered with map updates cos it's a pain. Did get the dealers to one and went to Cornwall and it kept getting me lost. Have used Waze ever since useing Android Auto and found it brilliant especially speed cameras.馃槑
the inbuilt garmin is crap
my standalone tom tom is light years more advanced nad also dosnt take you 3 mile detour to do 300 yards because the garmin software is crap you can see roads on the map but it wont use them

Administrator
Garmin PND's may be in trouble next year. They have recently announced that their 'digital traffic', the best traffic solution, will be discontinued from Jun 2021.

They are citing a supplier discontinuation, which is Inrix, but given that TT also use Inrix as their base and have made no such announcement then I'm suspicious.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts