2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first start my 2012 car and before the standard Sat Nav warning that has to be OK'd I get another message.

This tells me there is an update for my mapping software. It then quickly moves on to the standard notice screen. Unless I am looking directly at the text then I would never see it.

Is anyone else getting this message and if so have you upgraded? The first time the message appeared was on July 1st 2013.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Interesting.... That must be because the SD nave has a data connection. My HDD nav doesn't.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I go into the Settings menu there is an option to update the Mapping software. When I choose this it says Update now and the software will restart.

Thee are 2 buttons one says Update and the other Cancel. I chose cancel as I want to know what will happen if I choose update. There is no data connection as far as I am aware so where is the update coming from? What I do not want is for it to hang waiting for me to insert a new SD card which I do not have.

There must be others out there who are also being offered the update?

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
Hopefully :)

My old Garmin used to do that but it only nagged for a short while before giving up - fortunately.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
I don't think so.

AFAIK the SD version needs an updated SD card with new maps whereas the HDD version gets map updates on a DVD.

Again AFAIK both updates require your VIN when ordering so it can't be shared (spoilsports) :)

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
SAT NAV Update...Update

Hi All

I'm getting the same message. I have not noticed the software update option; interesting. I can confirm that the web address it tells you to look at is Honda Accessories Car and Motorcycle. I have been there and It sends me to NavTeq and I end up at a message which tells me updates are available from a Honda dealer from Jan 2013!!!

As the system runs off a SD Card, I thought I look out for other options, wink wink. But I might buy an upgrade if I cant get one from elsewhere.

It's a shame its not some complete software update to sort the rest of the car; the computer pisses me off big time. Wish I could clone the old Type S GT software into this motor.

2012 I-CDTI ES-T
Topaz
Smart Wheels

1 - 9 of 9 Posts