2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed there appears to be a new map update on Garmin Express today, Full Coverage of Europe 2020.0. This appears to be an additional one as I have already updated once this year. Perhaps it is removing some bugs as I have had a problem when driving south on the M6 where it would take try and take me off onto the M61 and then onto the M65 to rejoin the M6 less than 2 miles further on than when I left. This problem only appeared after installing the update earlier this year.

·
3,970 Posts
Well? Did you? I have it downloaded for my 10G and waiting for someone to report that it doesn't break their car. #nobottle :wink3:

·
Wizard
84 Posts
In the process of downloading it now - will drop results in the next 2 hours

EDIT: Maps work fine - got me back home from a short trip to the shopping centre with no issues.
Can't see anything wrong with it.

EDIT 2: Got me around my area to work today just fine, used the avoid traffic detour and it worked much faster than it usually did - so there's been some optimization to the maps by the looks of it :D
Also something I didn't notice this time but did last 2 updates, the car icon was always off the map and not tracking on the actual road for about 10 miles and this time it didn't do it.

I say its safe to update - go for it chaps!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I put the update on today works fine not really seen any changes yet.
Only been to work and back seems to navigate through the menu quicker though.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Put it on mine last night, no issues

Not sure the junction of the M1 and A50 has the latest road layout though so not convinced the new map is particularly up to date

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
I had this a few weeks ago, checked to see if there was a newer version and there was. Spent all the time downloading it and then when I plugged it into the car it told me this version is already installed?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
though i was the first to notice the update today. Nope!
they've FINALLY got the 'new' 18 month old Norwich north bypass listed which is nice.

still getting that erroneous update in Garmin Express though. every time i plug USB in, it says theres an update i dont have even though there isn't.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,267 Posts
Garmin express lists the 'time out' date and it expires on the 5th anniversary of the first update you make. Not 5 updates.
The previous owner of mind didn't do an update so my first update was around July 2017 so I take it that means I will continue to get updates till 2022...

·
3,970 Posts
Stop presuming/assuming/guessing/'taking it'/listening to urban myths/Google/Facebook/Twitter etc.

Load up Garmin Express, put in your update USB stick. Select Honda Satnav, View Details
The "Map Care Expiry Date" is shown there. Then you will know without recourse to the above.
#checkthefactsnotrumour

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I noticed yesterday that the same update was now available for my stand-alone Garmin.

·
3,970 Posts
No. That will be 2010.20 for your stand alone. Honda is 2020.0
And of course the stand alone map is more up to date than the Garmin/Honda offering.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Garmin express lists the 'time out' date and it expires on the 5th anniversary of the first update you make. Not 5 updates.

Or from the point when the vehicle has covered 200 miles recorded by GPS in the navigation unit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts