2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
3,683 Posts
That won't work. Believe me I've tried. I had the same problem.
I have fixed mine by phoning Garmin CS and they took the 2017 maps off my account.
In the mean time, "Show Details" and just update the 2019 maps instead of Update All.

Seems this 2017 offering is not an isolated case then.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Funnily enough, before I saw you post, I reinstalled GE, even went onto garmin.com where both cars are registered there..
On the update map, I clicked on 2019 rather than the 2017 map update, so will see what happens this time.

I also noticed, CRV runs Honda beans, CTR runs Honda beans v1.2

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
All done. Happy days.

If you do get the error, click only on 2019 map and not update all (it showed 2017 map update also)..
Thanks for that tip M-8!

Attachments

·
3,683 Posts
Only update the 2019.0 maps. Period. Don't even try update all if you have the 2017 maps listed.
Then get on to Garmin CS to get the bloody 2017 maps taken off your account.

·
3,683 Posts
Just a quick heads up on Garmin Express. If GE offers you the 2017 map and/or 2018 map as well as the 2019 map. Phone Garmin Support on 02380 524000 and get them to remove the old maps from your account.
Having done that, My maps updated just fine and dandy on my 10G

·
Registered
52 Posts
morning, call me dim but just need a bit more information that the headunit is not giving me??? Following the instructions for a 2018 model here https://honda.garmin.com/honda/site/generalInstructions

I turn the car on,

with the usb stick in the armrest port,

go to nav settings find update,

hit update and the prompt to view website comes up (wrong way round in my opinion!!),

then message "insert usb stick to port" comes up - it's already there why you asking?

hit ok.... and..... no other message????? symbol or CLUE that it's doing anything??

NOW WHAT?

from reading here should I just leave this running in the background on a journey? I commute 30 minutes each way so shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've not done a map update but I would think the usb has to be in the port for the headunit. The armrest one is just for power. I prefer waze it's got cameras and live notifications.

·
Registered
869 Posts
morning, call me dim but just need a bit more information that the headunit is not giving me??? Following the instructions for a 2018 model here https://honda.garmin.com/honda/site/generalInstructions

I turn the car on,

with the usb stick in the armrest port,

go to nav settings find update,

hit update and the prompt to view website comes up (wrong way round in my opinion!!),

then message "insert usb stick to port" comes up - it's already there why you asking?

hit ok.... and..... no other message????? symbol or CLUE that it's doing anything??

NOW WHAT?

from reading here should I just leave this running in the background on a journey? I commute 30 minutes each way so shouldn't be an issue.

Have you already installed the maps onto the USB using a PC and Garmin Express?

You can follow this step by step:
http://www.techinfo.honda-eu.com/documents/22251/25091/Garmin+Navigation+Map+Update.pdf/7ab49490-7ff0-42f2-acc6-a1c1b1685df5

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey that's the instructions I should be reading!! but don't have!! (not even in the info pack!) But thanks Steve. NO to the question because I haven't been able to move on from step 5. And to clarify does it matter which usb port of the two to use? I suspect the 60gb usb stick I have maybe the issue taking to much time to format, I will leave this running on my way home and see what happens.

Nothing to do with this car is straight forward, I think the instructions must have been translated from mandarin first:facepalm:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Its either your USB stick (most likely, have you formatted it FAT32?) or where you have it plugged in, as to get from step 4 to 5 takes seconds, even thou the Garmin instructions say to wait a minute.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thought you could only have a maximum of a 32gb USB formatted to FAT32 without it using some other formatting method. The same as it can only have files no bigger than 4gb.

I would either try an MP3 file on your USB and see if you can play that or try a smaller USB stick, I've only ever used a 16gb one and used the dash USB socket without any issues.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts