2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Can you explain the difference in the remap you do between fitting a single plate competition clutch kit and the twin plate competition clutch as there is quite a price difference. I'm just trying to get my head around what clutch I want to go for. I understand the difference in price for the clutch but not the remap after

Any info appreciated

Cheers

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well your website has confused me then I'm afraid.

The competition single plate clutch costs 499. Fitting is another 300 and the map on top is another 250. Total cost £1049

The competition twin plate clutch costs 799. Fitting is another 300 but with map on top total cost is £1499 which means the map is costing £400!?!?

Please let me know what I'm missing cheers lol. If the twin plate costs 799 and fitting is 300 then if the map is the same cost as the single plate then total cost should be approx £1349. So the difference is quite substantial hence my initial question. Thanks for clearing this up.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Hi,

Standard mapping for the 2.2 iCDT-i Civic is £399.95 - http://tdi-north.myshopify.com/collections/honda-civic-06-11-ecu-electronics/products/amd-dyno-remap-for-2-2cdti-engine-cars

With the clutch kits the map is subsidised due us installing and supplying the clutch, the reason for the difference in the cost was an introductory discount as we believed the single would be more popular than the twin and due to this we was able to get a better price for our customers on the single because of the volume purchased.

Also with the clutch kits the labour rate for fitting the kit is subsidised when we supply and fit.

Pre discount prices are:
Single plate with mapping: £1295.90, discounted to £1049.99 (saves you £245.91)
Twin plate with mapping: £1594.95, discounted to £1499.00 (saves you £95.95)

I hope that clears the query up for you Dogfish

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So without being too rude and I apologise if it appears so, but your first reply of " they cost the same" with a winky face which you have now wisely removed didn't really help!!
Thanks for the more in depth reply with an actual cost breakdown of where the price difference has come from

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I thought they were the same prices for fitting and mapping until you pointed it out.
Nearly a year ago we deceided to heavily discount the singles and that was the best way to work it out on the package prices to offer install and remaps but glad you did spot it as need to change them prices. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you guys install a d16y8 intake manifold and exhaust manifolds to my ep2 1.6 d16v1 and what bhp could I get from doing so? Are any other parts needed such as k Pro or so

1 - 7 of 7 Posts