2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After one of the above new or second hand anybody recomend sellers?. Been looking at various cat backs and this one has got mid life crisis written all over it! So my other half says anyway!. Any help would be grateful. Apologies admin if im in the wro g section?.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Sure there's one on ebay at the mo for £250

Proper ASBO exhaust that, defo not something I could cope with!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure there's one on ebay at the mo for £250

Proper ASBO exhaust that, defo not something I could cope with!
Are they really that bad? 96db online states, so is that road legal?. Just been watching you tube.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant find any second hand. Ones one guy selling one earlier but would only take bank transfer only. Which i was reluctant to do for protection reasons.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not bad, if You hate your neighbours :D. Droning on motorway etc. Fun on the beginning for sure, but wouldn't put it on a daily.
If its that bad ill look for something else. So tegwia, cobra , milltech m2 are better?.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Are they really that bad? 96db online states, so is that road legal?. Just been watching you tube.

From what I've heard of them yeah they sound crazy loud. no centre box and a tiny back box.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Cold start in the morning is loud, just don't sit on the drive warming the car up as the neighbours won't be too happy. I have had mine on for a year or 2 now and the car is my daily. It is loud and it does drone quite a lot but always makes me smile.
This purchase was also my early mid life crisis !! Not really suitable for long journeys and will eventually make my 2 kids deaf.... doesn't stop them falling asleep in the car though.
Car has been through 2 Mots and not a word was said.
This exhaust isn't for everyone but it is for me :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cold start in the morning is loud, just don't sit on the drive warming the car up as the neighbours won't be too happy. I have had mine on for a year or 2 now and the car is my daily. It is loud and it does drone quite a lot but always makes me smile.
This purchase was also my early mid life crisis !! Not really suitable for long journeys and will eventually make my 2 kids deaf.... doesn't stop them falling asleep in the car though.
Car has been through 2 Mots and not a word was said.
This exhaust isn't for everyone but it is for me :)
Firm but fair!. I leave for work at 5am so me kids/ neighbours are gonna annonned wakeing them. I'll give it a miss. cheers

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Firm but fair!. I leave for work at 5am so me kids/ neighbours are gonna annonned wakeing them. I'll give it a miss. cheers

I leave at 5.15. Not one of my neighbours has said anything, Maybe you need something more subtle than the Marty, let us know what you decide on.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I'm running it as a daily for the better part of a year. Its insanely loud, sometimes its embarrassing when people stare but its super fun (early midlife crisis for me too!)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get some vids up of the Piper mate, I'm looking at one of these at the moment. Can I ask where you got it from?
Got it off Demon Tweeks £439 0% Finance also. Bought it via quidco so get a bit cashback also. Ive got a video but its to large to upload. Ill post a startup one later for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts