2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps.

Martelius exhausts never seem to come up on the for sale section; are they pretty rare?

I check their website every now and again and they always say out of stock.

Eventually I think I will enquire about a new one with them, I have just been looking at the possibility of a second hand one coming up in the mean time, and surprised that they seem quite rare on here and ebay etc

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£122?! Bloody hell I'd have bit their hand off.

Was it knackered?

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
They are pretty rare. Mainly because how loud people have been saying they are.
There was one not long ago in the for sale section, just have to check constantly in the sale section.
However I have one and i love it !
May be selling mine soon when the car goes.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
U should PM marteliusexhaust on here and he will sort u out.
I got it and it sounds great, but yeah it is loud indeed.
I can't justify the full 555 euros plus delivery at the mo :) I'm scanning the for sale section to see if I can pick up a bargain whilst I save!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
when they first came out loads of people bought them.... then the for sale section was full of them about a week later... as they are ASBO loud... I think the current owners are a little deaf... or like the attention :p

·
Registered
191 Posts
when they first came out loads of people bought them.... then the for sale section was full of them about a week later... as they are ASBO loud... I think the current owners are a little deaf... or like the attention :p
Any loud mods become "quiter" longer you have them fitted :)
When i fit my milltek it was loud for me, now it's perfect, not too loud :)
HKS RSK was absolute and complete chav mod when i fitted - stupidly loud on vtec and silly noises from intake on low revs - after two moths it become normal and i enjoy it... or i turn in to a chav :facepalm: :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just done tests at work - no changes - all good :) ...though no test for chavness done so this could be an answer.

P.S
Even CTR with Martelius is still quieter than my motorcycle :p
I wouldn't want car that loud.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are pretty rare. Mainly because how loud people have been saying they are.
There was one not long ago in the for sale section, just have to check constantly in the sale section.
However I have one and i love it !
May be selling mine soon when the car goes.
Give me a heads up when you come to sell dude :)

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One on ebay at the moment
When I search Martelius it just comes up with makeup.

I've never seen one on eBay; like a unicorn.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found it. Oh dear!

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
What's up?
He has probably noticed that it's spelt incorrectly on the listing. Doesn't seem to be doing it any harm as it's currently at £220 with over 6 days to go.
I've been tempted to try one, just out of curiosity. I know that I'd get fed up with the noise quickly though, so I'll likely stick with my custom JP.

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Ah, ok. Out of interest was getting a custom exhaust cost effective? I contacted a place local to me to get a price and they suggested I popped in to see them. Don't want to waste anyones time but if they could make and fit a ss catback for under 350 then I would be interested.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Ah, ok. Out of interest was getting a custom exhaust cost effective? I contacted a place local to me to get a price and they suggested I popped in to see them. Don't want to waste anyones time but if they could make and fit a ss catback for under 350 then I would be interested.
I'd be very surprised if you got a brand new custom for 350. 10 years ago I got a quad exit custom stainless steel for a similar price from Powerflow, but the price of stainless has risen considerably since then.
It was cost effective for me because I purchased it second hand :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts