2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
tegiwa. Nice and an everyday exhaust.
Martelus is for those that want to be the center of atention.
HA! Thanks Nuno :D

I would say the Tegiwa would be better quality (not anything to worry about) although obviously everyone knows about the sound the Martelius makes. The Tegiwa one I believe is quite quiet and suitable for track use, which the Martelius isnt..

Both are single side so youve got the flow benefits in each. The Tegiwa one tapers at the end though so Im not sure if that will affect performance or not, the Martelius is 2.5" the whole way. Im sure you will be happy with either depending on what youre after. If you dont mind turning heads from miles away Martelius will be ok, it is super loud though.

Every day option like Nuno says - Tegiwa
Weekend use - Milltek/Martelius

Reactions: geordiemick

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Think he meant Sublime :)

The Martelius is a great sounding exhaust on the CTR, so much so i bought one for the 2.2 and it sounds mega on that ;) haha

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Reactions: Syx

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Just got the tegiwa with a cpl manifold and Cai and what a sound! Not too loud for everyday driving and a undescribeable sound at full throttle:) In fact just perfect IMH:)

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
Just got the tegiwa with a cpl manifold and Cai and what a sound! Not too loud for everyday driving and a undescribeable sound at full throttle:) In fact just perfect IMH:)
Vids! ........ please, so we can compare :D.

I will be going for tegiwa or 3" custom.

Tegiwa is the sensible, not to loud option.

Martelius sounds amazing but I think you need to be a little mad (in a good way) to have, especially if you have a race mani.

3" is future proof plus you could have option of fitting a cat in there or faking a cat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you driven it with your tegiwa cat-back only? I mean without manifold. If so, could u please describe the sound difference with the tegiwa cat-back and the OEM cat-back? Would appreciate that, cause im just about to order it and only need one more positive comment about the tegiwa cat-cack. hehe :)

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I have only driven the car with CPL manifold, CPL CAI and Tegiwa catback:) I just came home from work and what a drive home. The exhaust note is superb for everyday driving. There is almost no drone when driving normal in the city, on country roads or on the highway.
A big thumbs up from me:) Get it if you want lots of flow, superb sound when you floor it and still want a car you can use everyday.
I will make some vids at some point:)

Have you driven it with your tegiwa cat-back only? I mean without manifold. If so, could u please describe the sound difference with the tegiwa cat-back and the OEM cat-back? Would appreciate that, cause im just about to order it and only need one more positive comment about the tegiwa cat-cack. hehe :)

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exhaust

Thank you for every ones replies.

My previous car Skoda Vrs had a very loud exhaust and I even ran for a while with no silencers so I'm used to loud exhausts.

In fact when I sold the octy the neighbours came out and waved it goodbye lol, in a jokingly manner they said they won't get woken up each morning lol.

I would luv the martelius exhaust but my travel to work is on the A19 which is 20 mile drive at a constant 70mph so don't know whether the drone will do me in lol..

My car is also garaged and don't want the cold morning starts wakening my boys who's bedroom is above the garage lol...

Still in 2 minds. The Tegiwa looks a well made exhaust and noise ok..whereas the martelius will make a sound which I know I like but loud lol....still don't know.

Need to make a decision tomoro as my car gets back tomoro night after rages refurbed and changed to black and all the little scratches and dents removed.

Transforming the car over the next few weeks will post pics when each mode done.

Cheers again for people's opinions and keep them coming lol

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Thank you for every ones replies.

My previous car Skoda Vrs had a very loud exhaust and I even ran for a while with no silencers so I'm used to loud exhausts.

In fact when I sold the octy the neighbours came out and waved it goodbye lol, in a jokingly manner they said they won't get woken up each morning lol.

I would luv the martelius exhaust but my travel to work is on the A19 which is 20 mile drive at a constant 70mph so don't know whether the drone will do me in lol..

My car is also garaged and don't want the cold morning starts wakening my boys who's bedroom is above the garage lol...

Still in 2 minds. The Tegiwa looks a well made exhaust and noise ok..whereas the martelius will make a sound which I know I like but loud lol....still don't know.

Need to make a decision tomoro as my car gets back tomoro night after rages refurbed and changed to black and all the little scratches and dents removed.

Transforming the car over the next few weeks will post pics when each mode done.

Cheers again for people's opinions and keep them coming lol
I think everyone must have their own tolerence levels for the 'drone' at motorway speeds. I personally don't mind it at all and barely notice it. I regularly drive between the north east and the south west as well.
What would put me off if I were in your position is the early starts as it probably will wake people up. Luckily for me my family and neighbours don't mind and the rest of the time I'm on an army barracks where I take every opportunity to drive past the senior ranks accomodation on a morning lol

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tegiwa looks a high quality exhaust but as I'm immature I have ordered a martelius simply for the sound :p

If I find it unbearable Im sure I will be able to sell up and then buy the tegiwa which I know I probably won't do as my previous car was not exactly subtle :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.