2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently advertised my car on pistonheads and im just wondering about the price. Most cars tend to loose most of there money in the first 3 years i believe?
I brought mine from brindley honda approx 14 months ago for around 11k
(2.2 type s GT with all the trimmings!), at the time, GT's all seemed to be around this sort or price and i got a good px value on my previous car so went for it...
im looking on autotrader now, and similar age/mileage GT's are up for 8999. I have advertised mine at 8750 aiming to sell for 8500, means in just over 12 months its lost pretty much £3k, does this sound about right?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Dealer prices are always way more than private sale. Hence what you are perceiving as depreciation.

If you sold you car back to a Honda main dealer and they put it up for sale, I bet it wouldnt be far off what you paid for it

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean. Usually i wouldn't touch a main dealer for that very reason. I spent a good few months on autotrader before i brought it, and there really wasn't much in it at the time. Then, as now, there are hardly any gt's for sale on autotrader (within 100 mile radius that is).

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Paid 17K for mine 2 years ago,

Got offered 10K for it on a p/x for a Focus RS, needless to say i didnt fancy losing £7K (plus an extra £5k on mods) in 2 years!!!! So sticking with the Honda for the time being.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I know what you mean. Usually i wouldn't touch a main dealer for that very reason. I spent a good few months on autotrader before i brought it, and there really wasn't much in it at the time. Then, as now, there are hardly any gt's for sale on autotrader (within 100 mile radius that is).
Always use the "nationwide" search. Is it really that much hassle travelling 150 miles for a car which is exactly what you're looking for? I live in Liverpool, and the last two cars I've bought have come from Wolverhampton (my Accord, lovely motor), and my Civic I bought from Bradford. But, went down to London to see another Civic, wasn't right though so I walked away from that one.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Keep it longer and the sting is much less. Mine can't get much cheaper by now - 5 1/2 years and 100,000 miles!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I paid £20k for my brand new CTR almost 4 years ago, its not worth around £10k. A dealer had 3 year old CTR for £11k at the forecourt.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I totally understand this scenario, I was thinking about trading mine in for a bigger car as I do lots of motorway miles. Well against other cars I was offered in 2 garages £5500 and £5700 for an 07 55K 2.2 Diesel Civic Sport hmm I think I will keep it seeing as I bought it last March for 10K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts