2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Black Civic Type S 09
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is an 09 plate and out if it's 3 year warranty, it's developed a nasty squeak in the clutch which has been diagnosed as the master cylinder and will need replacing at a cost of £260

I've heard from friends that this should be covered under a manufacturers warranty that lasts 5 years or up to 60k, it's a common fault apparently that honda are naturally denying

Anyone else had any issues

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Im on my thrid now on my 2009 ctr, 36k miles all work done under extended warranty second one i had on only lasted 10k miles before it started clicking, previous one was sticking after 24k.

·
Registered
356 Posts
When you say honda denying it, is that just the dealer, if it is get as much evidence off here and contact honda customer services and see what they say. Probably the same but worth a try.
My replacement has done 14 k and is still perfect so if you are keeping the car probably worth doing even if honda won't help, but get an independent dealer to quote, use a genuine part but cheaper labour rates

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Mine was replaced at 20k and it started clicking again at 38k ish.

Adjusted it (there's a how to on here somewhere) and ever since it's been fine.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
just done one of these at work, theres a bush to the left on the pedal, sometimes that can wear out, but mostly its where the master cylinder meets the pedal itself, it gets dry and squeeks, clicks etc. just get yourself under the pedal box and grease it up and give it a couple of pumps and it should go awayy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts