2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mats I have (official honda) have started to affect the use of the clutch. Every time I use the clutch, the mat catches on the edge of the pedal, and it lifts up the carpet with it. Using the clutch again like this can cause the mat to jam under the pedal. Infuriating!

Anyway, thought of a couple of ways to "stick" the mat down, but anyone got any ideas of their own?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
BG, just to say, on mine the clutch clears the mat by approx' one inch. I can't pull the mat foreward to reach the clutch, however, the retaining bracket was loose on delivery any has since been tightened.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THe mats are anchored properly, and I can't see anything obviously wrong with the anchor point. I might just get them to fix/replace the mats.

·
Registered
106 Posts
THe mats are anchored properly, and I can't see anything obviously wrong with the anchor point. I might just get them to fix/replace the mats.
My dad had a problem in his Volvo once where the mats slid forwards and trapped the accelerator down to the floor.

This was at night on a small country lane, and we were doing approx 50mph.

Being in an automatic it wasn't as simple as putting the clutch in. In the panic he decided the easiest way to stop was to turn the engine off, at which point we didn't have any lights!

Thankfully there was enough ambient light from the moon etc to come to a safe stop.

My advice is go back and get them sorted by the dealer! It's not fun when they get caught badly.

cheers

ste

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Mine are fine too, I wonder how yours have managed to creep forward whilst still being held in place!!

The only thing that springs to mind for a temporary fix is double sided tape but long term I would get the dealership to sort it.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The edge has curled up, and the clutch "picks up" the mat on the way back up. I'll use a bit of velcro for the time being. Service in 1month anyway.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
BG is your mat bracket mounted under the carpet as it should be ?
If not the mat sits too far forward causing this problem, there is a thread about it somewhere.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,171 Posts
just get the edge and roll it back the opposite way. this happens to mine. once you have done that afew times it will only need doing now and again.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
My mat does the same. My anchor bracket loose. Car going in to dealer Tuesday for replacement fog light !!!!! (as shown on appropriate place) and will get them to look at it. It is annoying.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Thought computer had gone down so repeated entry

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread again, but my mat has started doing this at 2 months and 4000miles old.
I thought the clutch pedal was sticking on the last half-inch of travel on the way up since, when I took my foot just off the pedal, the pedal seemed to then "spring up" and hit the sole of my shoe.
Only after reading this thread did I have the sense to look down and actually try to see what was happening and I clocked the mat being picked up by the pedal. The "spring" I felt was, in fact, the mat coming unhooked as the pedal reached the very top of its travel. Velcro will be applied tonight to the offending corner.

Thanks again, Civic Experts:congrats:

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I have been having this problem for some time now - the mat slides forward and I have to drag it back at least once on every journey. I was considering adding velcro myself.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Good thing I don't have clutch pedal ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts