2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
How bizarre was that. Obviously out braked himself again after doing it twice previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Not seen it yet, so they both failed to finish?

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Sheddon got going again indeed!

It was Neal trying to take first on the LAST corner of the race...
He'd already hit Sheddon (lightly) once that race coming out of "island hairpin" after a saftey car brought the (large) gap to nothing.

The most rediculous move he could have tried, half of the crowd laughed or clapped and a couple "OOOO"ed, but it didn't win him any fans that's for sure! haha

Most people there were Plato fans !

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really think Neal balls that right up. I think it would have been a fairly ligitamat move on anyone but his team mate. Purely from the pov that on the last 2 laps of a race where you only caught up to your team mate due to a safety car you shouldn't try to overtake them. It's their race for the winning. Don't be a boob & try to take it away from them when you done nothing about the 14 second gap they had.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
don't be a boob & try to take it away from them when you done nothing about the 14 second gap they had.
+999999999999999

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Brilliant day of racing. I hope they don't mess with the turbos too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
to be fair to plato i feel where he's coming from. you've got N/A cars racing against cars with turbo's. clearly not a level playing field, however im obviously a honda fan so.. ah well ;)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Shh! After 3 years on here the one thing that gets drilled into you is a na high revving engine is easily a match for a turbo unit on the race track :)

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
to be fair to plato i feel where he's coming from. you've got N/A cars racing against cars with turbo's. clearly not a level playing field, however im obviously a honda fan so.. ah well ;)
I know N/A cars that urinate all over some turbos. Look at the points after that particular race, Plato was only a few points behind the Honda boys. Can there really be that big of a gulf in performance when one bad result for the Honda's puts Plato right into contention in the championship?

He's just a whinging ballbag. Honestly, if I was interviewing him and he came out with that pile of drivel to me, I'd have punched him right in the ear.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
yeah but we're all biased honda fans lol the standings speak for themselves, and i know if i had the choice of one of the N/A cars and a turbo'd car.. hmm well its a no brainer ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Let's be honest if any of us who follow the sport had a choice of Plato's car or a turbo we would pick the Honda. However how many would pick a full NGTC spec car like the A4 or Avensis? Oh yeah none of us! So I don't really see it being as clear cut as all the turbo cars are better.

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
I couldn't believe that!!!

What a fantastic day though; tremendous racing and a real spectacle!

Anyone know why Tom Oxlow-Cole parted company with AMD-Miltek between race 2 and 3?

·
Go with the Flo...
1,139 Posts

It is a level playing field though! N/A can win races just as the turbos do. He won the race anyway so that kinda craps on his theory. The man has a short memory. It was ok when nobody else could match the straightline speed of his Seat Leon TDI! You dont see Paul O'Neill or Rob Collard throw their toys out of the pram at every meeting like he does and theyre in the same boat!
Chevy made the choice to stick with N/A even though its clear that Turbos are the future. You think they would get in there early to get experiance ready for the rule change but nope they have stuck with the same old engine.

He will not be happy unless he is dominating, which in my eyes isnt a 'level playing field'

I couldn't believe that!!!

What a fantastic day though; tremendous racing and a real spectacle!

Anyone know why Tom Oxlow-Cole parted company with AMD-Miltek between race 2 and 3?
He's been offered a better drive elsewhere....I think that was a real crap way of treating the team that gave him a seat when it looked like he wouldnt be racing this season.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
i know what your saying but the majority of times the honda's dont finish 1st and 2nd is when theyre carrying 40kg ballast or picked the wrong tyres like matt neal today. the honda's are the quickest car's there i've no doubt. but yeah N/A cars can still compete.. just i know which id prefere to be in

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
If Plato wants a level playing field, he should go race in one of the series where they all have the same car.

Sure, the Honda's are faster, but so are the Red Bull's in F1. People will always moan when they're not winning, but at the end of the day the buck stops with them and their team. If he drove better, and if the team did a better job of optimising the car, then there wouldn't be a gap in performance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts