2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me at what revs is the maximum power reached on a type r.
I am trying to maximise the acceleration and have hit the limiter a few times,,so at what revs is it ideal to change up at for the best performance?

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
You want to change just after max power. You will still get plenty of good power, and this is a better place to be than changing up and getting much reduced power (lower revs and disadvantageous gearing). In reality, just before the rev limiter.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You want to change just after max power. You will still get plenty of good power, and this is a better place to be than changing up and getting much reduced power (lower revs and disadvantageous gearing). In reality, just before the rev limiter.
At what revs does the limiter cut in ??

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How can you not know that?! Take it for a drive and come back and tell us!
OK Mr cleverclogs,,,I thought this forum was for asking questions and receiving answers,,,maybe i'm wrong (in your case).
If you think it's a daft question, simple, don't reply to the post, end of.

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
OK Mr cleverclogs,,,I thought this forum was for asking questions and receiving answers,,,maybe i'm wrong (in your case).
If you think it's a daft question, simple, don't reply to the post, end of.
That wasn't meant to come across as it did Bonzo! I don't know the answer (obviously) just keep revving in gear until the revs no longer rise and hold steady, thats how you know the limiter has kicked in.:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
For maximum acceleration change gear quickly (i.e. dump the clutch) at about 8,100 rpm so that when the clutch re-bites, it hits the peak bhp about 7,800 rpm.You'll probably wheelspin abit in 1st & 2nd though and I hold no responsibily if something goes bang or breaks during this process:eek:

Anybody know the optimum revs to change gear in the 2.2 cdti for maximum acceleration:?:, as the above only really suits a petrol engine[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Many thanks for that, this is my first diesel and a bit different from my previous DOHC petrol engine(s):D

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Thanks czechplastik an interesting post.....
The spec sheet for from honda say max output (140PS) at 4000rpm...
I have normaly driven upto this point then changed, but sometimes find it takes a little time for the turbo to kick back in. I may just have to try your rpm listed in the morning[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Thanks czechplastik an interesting post.....
The spec sheet for from honda say max output (140PS) at 4000rpm...
I have normaly driven upto this point then changed, but sometimes find it takes a little time for the turbo to kick back in. I may just have to try your rpm listed in the morning[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Sorry I actually posted the wrong one, that was for a chipped diesel.

Correct one up now!

All credit to Pottsy btw!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Sorry I actually posted the wrong one, that was for a chipped diesel.

Correct one up now!

All credit to Pottsy btw!

I thought I saw the word chip in the heading.

Thanks for the updateed version.
roll on the morning[smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts