2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
3" is maximum sweet spot, no need to go bigger as it's a waste and will knock everywhere on the chassis.

2.5" is better unless heavily modified or you just prefer a deeper note of a 3".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3" is maximum sweet spot, no need to go bigger as it's a waste and will knock everywhere on the chassis.

2.5" is better unless heavily modified or you just prefer a deeper note of a 3".
It will be a turbo build aiming for more than 800Hp. I was planning to install 3.5" but I am not sure if clearance will allow it..

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
800BHP Why?
Won't that make it undriveable?
The video of the 765 HP FN2 had it on the rev limiter as soon as he looked at the throttle pedal?

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
I have a 3" exhaust, it's pretty tight under there, 3.5" is probably possible but it'll need to be real neat to achieve that without it knocking off of everything

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Possibly you will need to remove all heat shields to make room, but I suspect a good exhaust fabricator will be able to do the job.
Good luck with your project, will be good to see how it goes [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

Reactions: Stefanos Stef

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
3.5" would fit but not if you're street driving it. That's going to hit every bump in the road and knock on the chassis constantly. It should technically fit however.

You'd also have to reduce at the end or remove the triangle as I can't imagine the rear splitter surviving long.

·
4,359 Posts
That silencer in the video is not up to much flashy. Just a tad too noisy for my liking.0:)

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
You're just showing your age. Did you never have a motorbike with a Dunstall exhaust?
Lol now you’re showing your age.

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
Lol now you’re showing your age.
Oh yes!
1978 Honda CB400/4 F2 in maroon metallic:kiss:
Dunstall was bloody loud and total crap 'cos it fell apart, but such fun - no baffles it just looked like a silencer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3.5" would fit but not if you're street driving it. That's going to hit every bump in the road and knock on the chassis constantly. It should technically fit however.

You'd also have to reduce at the end or remove the triangle as I can't imagine the rear splitter surviving long.
I changed my rear splitter to a mugen style so I guess I'll be okay to stick with the same diameter at the tip :wink3:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts