2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the maximum size USB stick that can be supported by the 9th Gen ICE? The manual states 256MB is the minimum, and doesn't indicate a maximum size yet I can't get anything above 4GB to work. I've tried an 8GB and a 16GB and for both I get a message "Unsupported". It's not a big deal, I just thought it'd be nice to put eg 16G's worth of music on a stick instead of messing about with CDs.

1st time Honda owner, 1st time poster here.
Mark

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Welcome to the site Mark.

Not sure about the 9th gen but I have 32gb connected to my 8th gen.

Have you waited? It will say unsupported for a minute or two when you first connect.

·
Registered
429 Posts
16GB works perfectly in my 9G. Try reformatting the USB.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have 32 gig working. You need to format in fat32, sticks over 4 gig usually are factory formatted ntfs, that won't work.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have 32 gig working. You need to format in fat32, sticks over 4 gig usually are factory formatted ntfs, that won't work.
I know this is true but it is strange as FAT32 can only access 4GB. Does this mean you are only using 4GB of your 32GB stick?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8Gb, worked fine 1st time, no problems.

Tried a Kingston DataTraveller G2 8Gb, couldn't get it to work no matter what; even tried doing a DISKPART from the DOS prompt. Same goes for 7dayshop own-brand 16Gb sticks, they wouldn't work either.

Anyway, sorted, thanks for all the help.
Mark

·
Registered
204 Posts
@MarkWalsh69
I've got only an 8th gen Civ, but I assume, it doesn't make much of a difference.

Given, it's formated as FAT32, usually, a stick which is not recognised in the Civ is simply not fast enough.
To be able to run such a stick in your Civ, make sure, its reading speed is 12MB/s or more. About 15MB/s will do just fine.

To check the speed, attach the stick to your computer and use HD Tune.
Scroll down to HD Tune from 12 February 2008 (size 628 KB).
You won't need the Pro version.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts