2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading down from Glasgow to Southampton via M74/M6/M40/A34/M3 on Monday 8th, then running around Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset & Bath/Bristol area until Sunday 14th, and returning to Glasgow via M5/M6/M74 on Monday 15th.

Give us a wave and/or a toot if you see a Vivid Blue (SE07***) with a Civinfo sticker. :cool:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I'll be sure to keep an eye peeled for you. I will be over in Glasgow from Monday 15th till Wednesday 17th, travelling up and down from Stranraer.
I recognise the wee statue in your photo, that's down by woodlands near the St. Andrews building?

Heading down from Glasgow to Southampton via M74/M6/M40/A34/M3 on Monday 8th, then running around Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset & Bath/Bristol area until Sunday 14th, and returning to Glasgow via M5/M6/M74 on Monday 15th.

Give us a wave and/or a toot if you see a Vivid Blue (SE07***) with a Civinfo sticker. :cool:

·
Exiled Englishman
606 Posts

I drove from Peebles down to Southampton last week and drove around Southampton /Bournemouth area all week and never saw another sticker.:(

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm back and didn't get a wave from anybody, except another vivid blue going the other way in the Bridport, Dorset area. Also never saw another Civinfo sticker in over 1000 miles of driving.

To Vet_2010 - I'll keep an eye out for you round the Celestial City of Glasgow and you're quite right - Lobey Dosser's statue is in Woodlands Road, opposite the Halt Bar.
Lobey was the Glasgow-born Sheriff of a wild-west town in a newspaper cartoon of the 1940's and 50's and was so beloved (and missed by the locals when his creator, Bud Neill, died) that the statue was raised by public subscription through the Herald newspaper. Please note the unusual number of legs sported by his faithful horse, El Fideldo. :D

Further reading on Bud and Lobey for those of a curious nature ... Bud Neill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts