2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a fair bit of deliberation I've bought a set of Mazda 6 19" rims off eBay. Same as in the photo below albeit they are finished in gun metal and not black. Going to get them refurbished in gloss black. Only £159 delivered so not a bad price.

There's a fair few more on eBay as Mazda had an issue with the paint finish, all for around the same price. They are made by a reputable manufacturer and as I'm getting them refurbished the finish issue bears no relevance.

Need to get some spigot rings, easy to find and cheap. The offset should work quite well too. I'll post some photos in spring or summer when they are fitted.

https://goo.gl/images/EhSu7t

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I debated getting those for my old Type S but in the end opted for the Astra J 5 spokes.
Mainly because I didn’t need to get the Vauxhall’s refurbished

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't realise that vauxhall also used 114 pcd. Must admit that the refurbishment definitely makes them less of a bargain, I know a few people in that line of work so hoping to get them sorted for a keen price.

It's always difficult to envisage what they will look like on another car. Hoping that they look good.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Well after a fair bit of deliberation I've bought a set of Mazda 6 19" rims off eBay. Same as in the photo below albeit they are finished in gun metal and not black. Going to get them refurbished in gloss black. Only £159 delivered so not a bad price.

There's a fair few more on eBay as Mazda had an issue with the paint finish, all for around the same price. They are made by a reputable manufacturer and as I'm getting them refurbished the finish issue bears no relevance.

Need to get some spigot rings, easy to find and cheap. The offset should work quite well too. I'll post some photos in spring or summer when they are fitted.

https://goo.gl/images/EhSu7t
those look nice. pop them on the scales before you get tyres on them, see how they compare with oem in terms of weight.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Rob, I wasn't planning going down the 19" route but they were well priced and look nice. Always a bit of a lottery without seeing them on the car.

Always wondered how much difference in weight there is between 17, 18 and 19 inch setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts