2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This months EVO magazine around Bedford Autodrome's West Circuit.

Laptimes:

Megane 265 = 1.26.1

Mugen 2.2 = 1.27.2

Evo reckon the Megane had a more useable chassis :popcorn:

Sorry if this has already been covered.

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Im not surprised, it is a seriously quick car. In fact I surprised it isn't more. What circuit at the Bedford Autodrome was it? I was on the SEN track there a few months back.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Yeah again. That's what I'd expect really. Love the megane sport. Extremely tempted to get one myself.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
So what's all that so called motorsport derived tech doin in the Mugen? 40k for a car that can't beat a standard Megane 265... fail.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
So what's all that so called motorsport derived tech doin in the Mugen? 40k for a car that can't beat a standard Megane 265... fail.
Yeah don't forget the Megane also smashed the Nurburgring lap record for a front wheel drive car:

Renaultsport Megane 265 Trophy (2011) CAR review | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online

Its hardly your run of the mill production car especially as its only 4 secs slower than a Porsche Camen. Might sound a lot but 4 secs in 15 miles of racing puts the two very close together. That's only around 1/3 rd of a second per mile difference!

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
ive been out in a remaped Megane 265 and against my friends RS it was night and day round a track. to be fair i have never been out in a mugen but it doesn't surprise me the Megane 265 claims to be the fastest hot hatch. I do get peoples point on how much a mugen costs but the Megane 265 isnt cheap either

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A good question. Not a fail though when you see Pottsy's write up on the Mugen 2.2
If I had the money I would get one for it's bespoke engine mentalness! For 40 grand you would want a chassis to match and that seems to be missing according to EVO :(

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
For 40k I'd expect it to be the best hot hatch out. Period.

Therefore, in my eyes, it's a fail.

·
768 Posts
Sorry IT'S FRENCH CRAP. REGARDLESS OF HOW QUICK IT IS ROUND ANY TRACK. YOU CAN KEEP IT. :(
I have to agree - don't like French cars. :)

Also.. lets face it - a Megan could never look anywhere near as nice as a Civic... even a standard Civic. Detest the look of every Megan!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.