2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a few threads appearing recently on coilover recommendations. That being the case, thought I'd share my experience with the Meister R Zeta-Rs (see PDF) fitted to my FD2. If you haven't got time to read it all, then the conclusion I arrived at is that they are fantastic value for money. Also, a big, big thanks to the guys at BLiNK Motorsport who gave me an unbelievably superb level of service - highly recommended :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Wow top review!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldn't tell you. Was there an issue with the straight arm design in the EP3 application?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Couldn't tell you. Was there an issue with the straight arm design in the EP3 application?
Thats a can of worms really, hang on a minute... :worms: there it is.

Some people found with an LSD the car was pulling them all over the road. Turned out to be poor geo for a couple of cases.

I've meister R zeta-r on my EP and do find the straight arms are very sensitive to the geo and dips in the road.

There is an option to buy curved arms now IIRC and all the new units have them, so I guess yours does too.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think you might be right there Pulp :) I can tell you that there's less torque steer under hard acceleration now than with my £1800 ASTs :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thats a can of worms really, hang on a minute... :worms: there it is.

Some people found with an LSD the car was pulling them all over the road. Turned out to be poor geo for a couple of cases.

I've meister R zeta-r on my EP and do find the straight arms are very sensitive to the geo and dips in the road.

There is an option to buy curved arms now IIRC and all the new units have them, so I guess yours does too.
IIRC jreedy went from Meister R's to eibach springs even without an LSD and said it was far better?

On the FD2 the steering arms aren't directly attached to the damper units which helps massively.

Think you might be right there Pulp :) I can tell you that there's less torque steer under hard acceleration now than with my £1800 ASTs :)
I think it's ridiculous they don't even come with topmounts.

Can't wait to get mine on normal shocks and springs.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I've been considering these so that review is very helpful, cheers buddy :)

What spring rate did you go for?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Dave :) I don't profess to be an expert but I thought my experiences might help others when weighing up the pros and cons of different coilover brands :D

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Every experience is great to hear as it helps others decide. Really quite like the sound of these and apparently they'll be fine for the FN3 also - happy days.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Great review Andy- maybe this will be the future for frank ;)

Reactions: Lunar Tick

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great review Andy- maybe this will be the future for frank ;)
Thanks Duncan - thinking about it I should have let you drive so you could get a better idea. I was just not thinking having been overwhelmed with Frank!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts