2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the car yesterday to find this:

Its where I (possibly stupidly) had a free air freshener hanging off my passengers side door handle, and maybe the heat of the sun!? I've put them there for years because they annoy me dangling about! Grrr

Anyone know if I can easily replace that piece of plastic? I think its beyond a fix but I'm no expect. I would rather pay for a full bleeding door than leave it!

Cheers
Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Got in the car yesterday to find this:

Its where I (possibly stupidly) had a free air freshener hanging off my passengers side door handle, and maybe the heat of the sun!? I've put them there for years because they annoy me dangling about! Grrr

Anyone know if I can easily replace that piece of plastic? I think its beyond a fix but I'm no expect. I would rather pay for a full bleeding door than leave it!

Cheers
Ryan
Yes, that trim unscrews on the underside from the door card. Not a big job to take the door card off. 3 screws (2 behind thr internal door handle cover, 1 in the armrest under the rubber mat) and a few poppers. Makes it easier if you put the window down first.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Can easily be replaced mate,

or maybe use this as an opportunity to sand it back, prime it and experiment with a lairy colour :)

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Once upon time this happen to me as well, though it wasnt civic ;) did you happen to get freshener from halfrauds?
No not Halfords, just a hand car wash that are usually spot on! Spose not their fault really, learnt my lesson..

Yes, that trim unscrews on the underside from the door card. Not a big job to take the door card off. 3 screws (2 behind thr internal door handle cover, 1 in the armrest under the rubber mat) and a few poppers. Makes it easier if you put the window down first.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Nice one mate, I think I'll give this a go when the weather's better. You don't happen to know that website where you could buy/get quotes of basically every part in a Civic. I'm sure it exists, just cant remember the name of it.

Thanks to every one who's replied as well, give me some ideas if I cant just straight replace. :p

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take them off and send them to me to hydro dip :)

TRX Refurbishment - Alloy wheel refurbishment and much more
Any pics / thread of this done? Could be tempted :)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New part from honda in around 25 pounds so not that bad
Ahh that's good. Can you order direct from a dealer? I'm sure there was a website a while back that listed every part

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will be starting a thread towards the end of the week :)

TRX Refurbishment - Alloy wheel refurbishment and much more
Going away for a few days soon so will hang on anyway. I'll keep an eye out!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got mine painted gloss black

The more I look at this the more I'm packing mine into a jiffy bag and sending 'em off :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts