2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reviewing the spec of the type R here in France I've read that the radio come with a Memory card reader !

Do anybody know about that ? Is it a slot fox SD cards or an USB plug (that could be interesting)

It's only in the Type R Heritage Spec...

Corretion It is on both type R.... The one with Sat Nav and the one with nothing

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I think they may have got their facts wrong. I'm certain the Type R has the same audio/navigation system as the rest of the range and no one has found a card reader slot to date!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have read that the SatNav DVD drive has a PCMCIA V2 slot in it but I dont think the standard radio has one.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I have read that the SatNav DVD drive has a PCMCIA V2 slot in it but I dont think the standard radio has one.
No, the Navi unit on the Civic is the 4rd generation unit, currently only used in the Civic and new Legened (AKA Acura RL). The PCMCIA can be found in some other Honda/Acura models utilising gen 2 and 3 units. Generally the PCMCIA slot is on the double din Navi units like the CRV.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PDF brochure doesn't mention any SD card reader, if I have a quick look at it.

http://www.honda.fr/car/media/pdf/CatTypeR-20-02-2007.pdf

I'll browse trough it again.
Yes You're right it is not on the pdf brochure but when you go on the specific choice civic 3 doors la gamme comparaison and you ask to compair R type in the sheet for "principaux équipement intérieurs" you have after "system de navigation..." a nice "Lecteur de carte mémoire" wich is built in also for S type !

But I think it's a mistake from Honda France ! the web site is not one of the best...

·
Registered
86 Posts
@bog:
I ment the card slot is on the actual DVD drive unit in the glove box. Not that I have seen it myself though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts