2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Message on the information panel

Other 
1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  sergiogon 
#1 ·
I have a friend with a little FK2 and it appeared this error in the dashboard.

Someone can explain what it is and how to solve?

See less See more
#8 ·
That icon is the tyre deflation warning. I know because it popped up on my display as I was driving home from work this morning, pulled over immediately to check the manual.

Will check my tyre pressures tomorrow. When the warning popped I was driving on a high speed road and there was some heavy rain which resulted in puddles all over so maybe the condition of the road may have triggered the warning?

#9 ·
What I find strange is that if the car was purchased with the system for tire pressure do not see any reference in the manual and even the manual for my Civic does not come any reference to this error.

I am referring to my friend, but I do not know if my car will also have the tire pressure system ... I have to empty a tire on my Civic and see if the same error appears :D:D:D.

#11 ·
What year was it built? I know here in Belgium every version of the Civic (no matter what equipment grade) comes with the deflation warning as standard since 2009 models.

Don't know about earlier builds, though.

#12 ·
It's low tyre pressure warning light. Fitted standard on 09 models. Takes the speed of each wheel via the ABS system and calculates if there is a difference. A deflated tyre has a smaller diameter so has to go faster to keep up with the rest.
Can be differcult to reset but I have found going into the menu, disabling the system and then reabling works OK. Thats after finding which tyre is the problem and sorting that!

#14 ·
Checked all my tyres today and the front right one was indeed off.

Drove around first from petrol station to petrol station trying to find a compressor as I didn't want to put my faith in the tiny compressor in the boot. The search turned up empty so I was forced to use the little one anyway and it seems to have done the trick.

Will reinitialise the tyre deflation thing tomorrow as I drive home from work again since there's a nice stretch of road where I can drive over 25 kph for 10 minutes as the manual suggests.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.