2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. Although I migh posted this problem before I've tried various solutions described before without solving the problem. Few days after purchasing my car I started to hear a strange metallic noise somewhere around the revolution counter or inside it. Most probaply inside. I sprayed the plastcs around with a silicon spray but no results.
After some time owning the car I am more convinced now that it is more like a metallic noise. Possibly a loose part. The sound is more noticable during night driving that day, which i thind doesn't make any difference. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Possibly a loose/caught up rev counter wire, like the wire on a traditional tacho??

Tom

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Not your keys is it ?

Or even a loose watch bracelet.

May sound daft but it's happened to me before :oops:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None of the above guys. Im never wearing a whatch. I also considered the keys but the problem unfortunately is not that.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Gm, please tell a bit more about this noise. I have a noise from that area which is a light metallic resonant vibration that comes and goes dependent on the road surface. Sorry to say I don't know what the cause is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gm, please tell a bit more about this noise. I have a noise from that area which is a light metallic resonant vibration that comes and goes dependent on the road surface. Sorry to say I don't know what the cause is.
I so have had a metalic sound from the area of the dash. Initially thought it was keys vibrating. However, after 9000 miles, it seems to have stopped doing it. Hopefully, it was just the new car settling. Hope you sort it out.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds to be exactly the same noise. I don't want to take it to the dealers because is they decide to do anything then I will need another car. They don't pay attention to the others property. I am thinking of purchasing a sound meter so as to locate the problem's exact position but this month's budget cannot afford that.

Hopefully someone with a similar problem can help us through the forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same problem and, once I told it to the dealer, they fixe it but after 1 month and something, the metallic noise appears back again :(.
I just hear it in not so good roads ...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hmm, i dont know if the sound is metallic but im getting this really annoying clicking sound from the plastic hood on top of the rev counter. If i push it gives in and gives the same noise.. annoying :/

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same problem and, once I told it to the dealer, they fixe it but after 1 month and something, the metallic noise appears back again :(.
I just hear it in not so good roads ...
Did they mention what the problem was?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts