2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just noticed this while washing the car yesterday. passenger side side wing has worn paint with metal showing, just on the edge near of the wing clos eto the bonet. I will take a pic tonite. This is kinda stressing me out as I been told by chips away that it may cost me over £100 to fix. Has anyone else been through this ?

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
No :photo:......

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Haven't seen that before, new wing & re-spray ??

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
No mate, could have had a new wing and not a very good re-spray...very unusual place for paint to have worn through...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see, I am not sure I was told that the car was not involved in any accidents etc... How can I tell if the wing was replaced and is this a costly job to fix ?

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Open bonnet and check bolts on wing haven't been disturbed, are the shut lines equal on either side of the bonnet ?? not sure of price mate one of the paint experts may answer that for you and your best way forward .....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Open bonnet and check bolts on wing haven't been disturbed, are the shut lines equal on either side of the bonnet ?? not sure of price mate one of the paint experts may answer that for you and your best way forward .....
Thanks,
Not had any issues with the car at all or notice any mis alignments with the body work. I got chapsaway coming tomorrow to quote me and may even go to some local garages for them to have a look.
I will be soo annoyed if they tel me the wing was replaced and re-sprayed lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im on my mobile so its not as clear but looks like clouds to me haha
LOL thats what I initially thought until I took a closer look and noticed the colour difference. its just on the edge around 2 to 3 cm long but since its my baby I get very worried about her :). I have ordered a touch up kit so hopefully this will be enough.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Like padster said, it could be polish residue.. open up the bonnet and take a clearer photo.. see if you can wipe it off...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like padster said, it could be polish residue.. open up the bonnet and take a clearer photo.. see if you can wipe it off...
Tried wiping it lol, but no still there got my dad to look at it and as usual he says its nothing to worry about. Got chipawa guy coming this morning so Il keep you guys informed. TBH it does not look that bad but hopefully the touchup paint I will be getting from HONDA tomorrow will reoslve it

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Is it actually metal or is it filler/primer? If its not polish then it mightve had a respray as the wings dont come painted if bought brand new from honda..

Im sure they didnt come out of the factory like that..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is it actually metal or is it filler/primer? If its not polish then it mightve had a respray as the wings dont come painted if bought brand new from honda..

Im sure they didnt come out of the factory like that..
The car paint looks good it is just that small section where the paint looks faded, I have bough a touch up kit but my mate advised not to use it as it will look crap. I have not had much time to have someone else look at it but I will arrange this weekend and take it to a body shop. Will let you guys know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts