2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My sat nav and voice command has been broken since I got the car. I have got the sat nav up and running with version 2.92.00 and now the navigation all works. But I can't get voice commands to work so no hands free either :(

Gone into diagnostics by pushing map, menu and back and the mic shows no response on the level gauge. ..i have tried hitting it and there is no response

Is there anything else I can do, not sure how to fix it, a new mic looks a mission to fit as I guess it goes down into the dash? Also none on ebay

Car is a 2007 2.2

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a thought but as I have upgraded the maps etc on the nav could this of stopped the hands free system working? I.e my car is to older for it all to link together?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think I have the same problem, nothing picked up by the microphone. I may try to strip out the top panel and see if its a loose connection. If so guess its down to the scrappers I go, theres no way im payin £130. If I can test the microphone and its fine what else can it be anybody know? I checked already an bluetooth module is connected.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
If, when you press the telephone button, does it talk to you? if so then you are right but if not it could be be the bluetooth module.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks yes it talks to me fine on the voice button but when I try to reply all I get is pardon, or would you say again.
If I press the phone button there is no voice.
All buttons function in diagnostics men but microphone has no response when I speak or tap it.
Does the microphone connect to the Bluetooth modules, ribbon cable or somewhere else? I think its going to be a real pain to trace this wire to a connector.
I appreciate your help thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks yes it talks to me fine on the voice button but when I try to reply all I get is pardon, or would you say again.
If I press the phone button there is no voice.
All buttons function in diagnostics men but microphone has no response when I speak or tap it.
Does the microphone connect to the Bluetooth modules, ribbon cable or somewhere else? I think its going to be a real pain to trace this wire to a connector.
I appreciate your help thanks.
I've got the same problem. Thinking whether to fork out on a microphone or not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm pretty sure were not gonna have to fork out mate. A mic is just a speaker in reverse hence can't see anything that's too difficult to fix. It's more than likely a bad connection, I just got to get around to looking at mine.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Check the Bluetooth module is connected behind the panel next to the drivers knee. The system will still say "pardon" if the module is disconnected.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah the module is connected, its a bugger to diagnose this problem. I've took the mic out today and rewired it to work on the PC for testing. It is working but it is very quiet sometimes and then other times picks up great, maybe its my dodgy rewiring. Next is to fit it back in the car tomorrow and see if I can get any feedback response in the diagnostics mic level meter.
When I took the BT module out I had a peek inside, while opening the top board snapped off the connector from the bottom board, that was some poor soldering by whoever made these boards. I managed to resolder the connector back to the board quite easily as all it needed was a bit of heat from the iron. Hope I did a good job.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't looked yet but is the panel held on with screws.....need to have a look at lunch

·
Registered
14 Posts
After refitting the mic it still didnt work for me so I traced the wire from the roof panel to bluetooth module, I didn't notice before but the wire nearest the BT mod looked like someone applied black electrical tape over the white wire. I removed the tape to reveal the wire had been cut on purpose.
I reconnected the wire and now everything works great.
The reason why it was disconnected, it has a sizeable draining charge on the battery even when the car is with key removed and locked.
Now I need to find a tutorial to add a relay to cut power from the BT module when the key is removed.
Hope this helps someone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts