2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My outside air temperature sensor broke a couple of weeks ago and has been reading 55C since. Consequently the climate control would blow icy air unless you set it to "hi" because it thought it was so hot outside it "predicted" cold air was needed, or so I thought.

Anyway I had Honda look at the car yesterday and they confirmed I will need a new OAT sensor and submitted a warranty claim. They have to order the part in so I'll be going back in a week or so to have it fitted. In the meantime, whilst the car was in the dealer they replaced the fuse box under the MICU recall. What is confusing me is that now the climate control seems to be working again!

Or am I wrong?! I've driven 5 miles since I got back from the dealer so not long enough to tell if it's actually behaving now despite the faulty OAT sensor, but it was responding to the temperature setting and would blow cold, warm or hot air depending on the setting.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Reguardless of outside temp, I thought the climate went off an internal temp sensor in the plastic to the left of the steering column. Am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Reguardless of outside temp, I thought the climate went off an internal temp sensor in the plastic to the left of the steering column. Am I wrong?
As I understand it you are correct.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Climate gets inputs from outside air temp, inside air temp, evaporator temp and sunlight sensor.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
My Climate control went mad the other day reading 55C in the snow, found it was £85 to get it fixed so have not yet bothered....

Strangely today it started working again :D reading 7C, the only change is driving through rain may have flushed any junk trapped up there ???

Or is it intermittent ??

ANy way dont rush to get it "fixed" unless its under warranty :popcorn2:

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts