2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 37, I have had my EX Diesel for 3 months,however, I can't stop thinking about a Type-R, in White, Big red R's everywhere, 20" Doves. Anyone else got the same problem?

·
Registered
421 Posts
im 24 and have this feeling regulary, i would love to be able to buy a type R when they come out but would need a pay rise for the insurance 1st. lol

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Andrea said:
im 24 and have this feeling regulary, i would love to be able to buy a type R when they come out but would need a pay rise for the insurance 1st. lol
Although it would be nice from time to time... I just remind myself of the cost of fuel, and the fact most of the time, you'll be in traffic, or in a 30 zone or something :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
most of my journeys are on 70 roads anyway, i only ever slow down because of roundabouts. i am really lucky with my journeys, if im not driving to work then i am driving from newcastle to birmingham so get to drive my car well.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I would also love one, but having 2 offices to go to, in either Birmingham or Camberley I travel in areas prone to travel chaos, I would always have the fuel economy at the back of my mind. Or the feeling that in some way you are being cruel to the car, imagine buying a thoroughbred racehorse and strapping it to a trailer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The insurance would be cruel. And that analogy about the race horse is spot on. I live in the suburbs and work in the city and even in the summer the traffic just crawls. The M50 (ring motorway around Dublin) is the only time I come close to 70mph and even then it has to be between 10 pm and 5 am.
On the plus side for a petrol engine the vTec gives excellent economy when you're just cruising.

·
Registered
421 Posts
does anyone know what insurance group the new type R is going to be??

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
It would be a bone shaking ride , with the terrible roads in the Stockport area.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Slightly off topic, sorry, but Raegten, I doubt even at those silly times you can get to 70 on the M50, it took me 1 hour to do the 15 miles from Grange Castle to the airport last Friday. All that European money they have invested in Ireland and the roads are rubbish, but with slightly fewer craters than 5 years ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had a Type R (04 plate) and managed to get 8 points on the licence as a result. They just beg to be cained. Be warned they only feel alive at 8,000 rpm!

The Type R Forum recognises the licence losing capabilities as many on there will testify.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
basegreen said:
Damn that looks good in white :)
Agreed. Might want to book one for a test drive now, although they'll propably get one here a year from now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What the point of brining out a 3 door? Yea for the Type R fine but they went to all the trouble of making the 5 door look like a 3 only to bring a 3 out later :?

But the type R looks good will be have a test drive in one of those me thinks.....Any specs out yet on Engine, BHP, 0-60 time ect ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
type s looked a bit browny black to me!

i agree with you on the 3 door deemon.

as for the engine. i think it should be the K20A engine from the old CTR and DC5. 197 bhp. 0-60 in old CTR was around 6.7, so this one probably 6.5 or 6.4 because of an improved VTEC and it being little lighter than previous?? i cant see it being faster than a DC5 or S2000. thats what the civic type rr is for.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
That pearlescent white looks the business. I'm definitely going to test drive one for the fun of it, but I don't think I'll own one. To much hassle from the carjacking brigade I think.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts