2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I might be coming back to tuning my cw type r. As some of you know I have sold my tuning parts and was gonna sell the car but it will mean too big a loss selling it here in Denmark with the market at a complete standstill.
So might have to keep it and retune it:) will have to save money else where.

Thinking of going all tegiwa with header, catback, throttle, rrc inlet manifold and the hondata flash pro. But this time with tegiwa 400cell cat? Will this cat take some of the exhaust noise away?
Also thinking of installing a VUS ventil if anybody knows what that is and could guide please feel free to do so.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then I don't know what to do? Either it is too loud or too quiet:( that was one of my main concerns have a good compromise between sporty sound when you want but also more quiet for everyday driving.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh really?

Would you mind explaining the tuning laws in Denmark? I am intrigued :popcorn2:
Have a little time waiting for the bus to town and free wifi.

Well basically you are not allowed to FI a car in Demark which is born NA. If you do so you have to get the car approved and pay a considerable tax for the rebuild.
You likely have to upgrade other parts to get the constructive changes approved and the car made legal MOTed. And not to talk about insurance will rise a lot.

I am how ever allowed to NA tune my type r legally 20%. Though I might NA tune it a bit further I would get away with it so to speak.

It is difficult to explain the laws but as stated Denmark is a performance car hating country with 180% tax extra when buying a brand new car, expensive insurance, high mechanic prices and high taxes on fuel. I guess you have some of the same in GB but it is extreme here in DK.
Soon we will all be driving small Eco cars with no soul and fun.:(

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
wow dude that is pretty annoying!

I thought we had it hard over here!!!

Thats a thought actually... what happens over here in UK if we whack a super charger on our car... Is it our responsibility to update the tax bracket?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
wow dude that is pretty annoying!

I thought we had it hard over here!!!

Thats a thought actually... what happens over here in UK if we whack a super charger on our car... Is it our responsibility to update the tax bracket?
Tax wouldn't be anymore as its the same displacement and same emissions just you can make it go through the engine quicker when you put your foot down

Sent by me

·
UKDM
779 Posts
My main gripe with tuning the CTR is that it seems almost impossible to keep it quiet and some weeks I do 300 miles on the motorway and I cant cope with doing that with a drone over time, I have tried in the past.

Manifold with stock exhaust but with a sportscat (keeping it legal) cut in might be about the quietest setup? I think you gain very little from an aftermarket catback anyway?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My main gripe with tuning the CTR is that it seems almost impossible to keep it quiet and some weeks I do 300 miles on the motorway and I cant cope with doing that with a drone over time, I have tried in the past.

Manifold with stock exhaust but with a sportscat (keeping it legal) cut in might be about the quietest setup? I think you gain very little from an aftermarket catback anyway?
This is exactly my gripe as well. I LOVE the sound from the race manifold and tegiwa catback on full throttle but often I need a more quiet exhaust note and very little drone on motorways and such. I was under the impression that a 400 cell race cat would make the car more quiet that is at least want happens on a turbo car. But might be different on a NA car?

Want kind of hp and torque figures can I expect from tegiwa mani, tegiwa catback, 400 cell DIY cat, tegiwa throttle body, rrc inlet manifold, hondata flash pro with custom map and hondata heat shield gasket?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Attention Tegiwa:)

How much discount am I looking at for buying the following from you:

Honda RRC inlet manifold
Tegiwa race manifold race headers
Honda J35 Throttle body
Tegiwa Carbon fibre intake kit
Tegiwa 400cell removeable cat DIY

Price 1640 pounds on your web page.

What Price I am looking at shipped to me in Denmark?:popcorn2:

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
My cw type r costs 44.900 gb pounds brand new. How much in GB?
Tell me about it ! ...

In Norway, CTRs were £55,000 back in 2007 !!! - and as BHP is taxable, adding a Supercharger or Turbocharger (to any car) is going to cost another £20,000 or so - that is, if you get permission from the "Vegvesen" (Roads Agency) and Customs \ Taxman in advance :facepalm: ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts