2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Young Enthusiast
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody! First time posting here, but a long-time reader! :)

My name is Mihail, I'm from Bulgaria, and I just bought my dream car about 2 weeks ago :)

It's a 2006 2.2 iCTDi FK2, bought from Honda Bulgaria in May 2006. I managed to get a good deal on it, it had 83k miles on the clock, which for a 9 year-old car around here is pretty good ;)
So, here's how it looked when I first got it:

As you can probably see, it had this little "dusty front"-look, and i was sceptical, as it looked kinda like it had dust inside the headlights. I managed to give her a good clean and went to have the headlights polished, so the problem was soon gone:

After that, I changed the knob gear, as the old one was pretty worn out:

I also changed the clutch cylinder, as it had the annoying squeaky sound, which was driving me insane :facepalm: Thank God now it's all smooth and sound-free :)

Now the car feels and drives a lot better, it's a beast on the highways, i managed to get 44 mpg on the way home after buying it. So i'm pretty chuffed about that.

My plans for the future include replacing the speakers (atleast the front ones), as the quality is worse than I expected, maybe changing the front grille (i'm still thinking about that), and just keeping it nice and simple basically. I'd like to change the armrests, both the driver's side and the passenger's side, as they are also worn out, or maybe wrap them in cabon foil, i'm really not sure.. :)

The weather is quite bad recently so I'm waiting for a sunnier day so I can wash her well and snap a few pictures with my better camera.

Cheers!

·
Young Enthusiast
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mates!

@Airzi69, yes, I do have them indeed and love them already ! First car with headlight wash, it works great ; )

·
Young Enthusiast
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah mate, I plan to get matte black Hole`y Sumo vinyl for the back + for the break lights, once I change back to summer tyres I will plastidip the wheels in matte black
I will also change discs and pads in the near future
I was considering changing the grill, but figured I'll keep the oem for now :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Young Enthusiast
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wouldn't say a lot mate, it's definitely less than before, but because of the holes in the vinyl, light is still easily coming through

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Young Enthusiast
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks mate!
I remember wishing I had this car when i first saw the commercial ~ 10 years ago.

Long time since then, and when I was choosing a car initially i was going for a 2004/2005 Audi A3 2.0, but then i figured i should put a bit more cash and just get the car i wanted for so long.. :)
Next thing is saving up enough money so i can mod it as much as i want :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have u got a lot of plans for it it looks good I love the roads in the mountains in Bulgaria to drive the Hondas it's the best place to drive them there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Young Enthusiast
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree mate! There are a lot of curvy nice roads,which give a huge amount of pleasure to drive on :)

I do have a lot ot plans for it indeed, the only thing limiting me for now is the funds :) Just moved in with my gf in a new apt. so the car is not my 1st priority unfortunately.

BUT I just ordered 5 cans of black plastidip spray, which i plan to use in the spring, when i put my summer wheels back on, and i'll also dip the fuel cap and maybe the door handles.
I'm also looking at purchasing a type-r rear spoiler (maybe in black, as i plan to have a gray-black theme going). And a grille swap is also a plan for the future. Those are really the main things I'm thinking of, other than servicing and the regular stuff.

·
Young Enthusiast
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Little late to the party, but I got my Mercedes bootlid gas struts today, they are really nice! I'd say a big improvement over the old ones!
I also got my sports grille from cox delivered today, so next week I'll put it on ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts