2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

201 - 220 of 255 Posts

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I'd be feeling well downbeat if it happened to me.

·
Aye Aye....
7,100 Posts
Is it just Dave off here who got his stuff? ie BBK?
I'm from one of the roughest parts of Glasgow Eric, if he hadn't got it to me it'd have taken Colombo to try and detect just how far up his ass I'd shoved the BBK :p lol

I really do hope you all get this sorted out, I find it strange that I got my parts then he disappeared I fear I may have been used as bate to lure in other customers to scam, I feel really bad about it tbh, the sooner this is resolved the better, surely if he is in Thailand but operating with UK bank accounts the officials here should still be able to freeze the accounts?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
I fear I may have been used as bate to lure in other customers to scam, I feel really bad about it tbh, the sooner this is resolved the better, surely if he is in Thailand but operating with UK bank accounts the officials here should still be able to freeze the accounts?
Yes Dave - it's basically all your fault, and I think you should hand me your BBK to compensate ;)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I'm from one of the roughest parts of Glasgow Eric, if he hadn't got it to me it'd have taken Colombo to try and detect just how far up his ass I'd shoved the BBK :p lol

I really do hope you all get this sorted out, I find it strange that I got my parts then he disappeared I fear I may have been used as bate to lure in other customers to scam, I feel really bad about it tbh, the sooner this is resolved the better, surely if he is in Thailand but operating with UK bank accounts the officials here should still be able to freeze the accounts?
Without being funny are you sure what you got was genuine? Youre very lucky!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
We didn't have a Thai address but we know he came to the UK just after Christmas (although he might have since left the UK again). The police have his passport details, date of bith, photo ID and more besides. He's evaded the authorities so far but he's obviously worried - I have had messages sent to me, which are supposedly genuine enquiries about what's happening but are obviously either from him or people that know him fishing for information...

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Slightly off topic for a second. I've also been stung by this type of online fraud/theft... Sent money to a member on here for a HKS induction kit in early December. Cut a long story short he claimed it got lost via royal mail and had promised me a refund, 2 months later and still no refund. Pottsy has provided me his contact details (address, email and phone) whats the best way to report this? I've tried looking for online forms on my county polices website but found nothing useful.

Any help would be much appreciated, sorry in advance for going off topic.

Neil

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Slightly off topic for a second. I've also been stung by this type of online fraud/theft... Sent money to a member on here for a HKS induction kit in early December. Cut a long story short he claimed it got lost via royal mail and had promised me a refund, 2 months later and still no refund. Pottsy has provided me his contact details (address, email and phone) whats the best way to report this? I've tried looking for online forms on my county polices website but found nothing useful.

Neil
I'm asummg an item of such value would have been sent recorded delivery or with some sort of tracking. He would have had to give his address and name to do this ( I think) so if he says he has lost tracking info it's bull. Same guy messed me around. Just report him for theft with all contact details to police!! Again sorry if off topic guys

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts

Neil
Did you pay via Paypal? If so just file a claim with them.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
No bank transfer.
I had the same thing happen to me... I paid for some Brembo calipers (£300) via a bank transfer and the guy claimed the post office lost them. Basically there's not much you can do with regards your bank as you made the transfer. What I did was go to my local Police Station, I had the guys mobile number and the Inspector called him and said if he didnt refund my money he'd take action. We settled on 50 / 50 so I got half my money back. An expensive lesson but getting £150 back was better than getting nothing back. In future I'll always use Paypal....

Dont just let it go though, the guy who posted it should have insured it for the value it was worth and he should refund your money and then claim his money back from the Post Office. If he didnt insure it and can only claim back £35 then its his fault and he should refund you the full amount and take a hit for being a moron

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. We don't have a number for him - if you've managed to contact him on that (Thai) number, it's off as we have good evidence that he came back to the UK. Probably the best thing to do is to report your case to the UK authority 'Action Fraud'. They will take all the details and add it to the info they already have on him. You can call or email them directlyeven if you are overseas - see here: Report it | Action Fraud

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I'm asummg an item of such value would have been sent recorded delivery or with some sort of tracking. He would have had to give his address and name to do this ( I think) so if he says he has lost tracking info it's bull. Same guy messed me around. Just report him for theft with all contact details to police!! Again sorry if off topic guys
I had the same thing happen to me... I paid for some Brembo calipers (£300) via a bank transfer and the guy claimed the post office lost them. Basically there's not much you can do with regards your bank as you made the transfer. What I did was go to my local Police Station, I had the guys mobile number and the Inspector called him and said if he didnt refund my money he'd take action. We settled on 50 / 50 so I got half my money back. An expensive lesson but getting £150 back was better than getting nothing back. In future I'll always use Paypal....

Dont just let it go though, the guy who posted it should have insured it for the value it was worth and he should refund your money and then claim his money back from the Post Office. If he didnt insure it and can only claim back £35 then its his fault and he should refund you the full amount and take a hit for being a moron

I contacted my county's police department over the weekend who are now looking into the matter and treating it as a fraud investigation, so I should get my money back in no time at all.

201 - 220 of 255 Posts