2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the civic but the body of the car is slightly lighter than the bumpers ect, gutted.. Been told this cannot be corrected but a detailer is going to have a go with his machine...I hope this works?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Ep3?

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I've got a GP kit on my car from a 2007 (I think) FN2, and my car is a 2010/11.

The splitters are a very different shade of red, I'm getting them sprayed this weekend in fact to try and reduce the gap - but FN2 Milano red fades I'm afraid, I've got the proof parked outside!

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I've heard it said paint can look different on plastic compared to metal. I remember looking at a brand new red jazz in the local honda dealer and i could really notice a difference between the rear bumper and quarter panel Something to remember when looking at a car. Could always notice a difference on my plastics on the Milano red r and was always worried if I ever had to get any paint work done.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh that's odd ! More modern cars have a clear coat over the colour coat, clear coat abosrbs the UV to stopthe colour coat absorbing it and fading.

I've seen EP milanos looking fine though, I wonder if your clearcoat has been diminished somehow by polising perhaps? Yea you won't be able to polish it back as you'd need to get throught the clear to the red :(

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Not so sure...The top layer is clear laquer so the fade is below the clear coat
No amount of polishing is going to get that back ....except a respray
I hope I'm wrong
Best take it to a Pro detailer and ask

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
Not so sure...The top layer is clear laquer so the fade is below the clear coat
No amount of polishing is going to get that back ....except a respray
I hope I'm wrong
Best take it to a Pro detailer and ask
robbo is correct to a point i was a paint sprayer 20 years ago and this was very common on the astras turning pink(oxidising) a good mop did the trick as it was a solid paint,milano red is the base coat it then gets the clear coat(laquer)but i have known the laquer turn milky so it may work on some with this problem however it is a fact that some colours on bumpers will show a slight colour difference,

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
My EP3 is milano red and every panel is a different colour!

My FN2 isnt that bad but I have replaced my front and rear bumpers due to them being faded. It wasnt that noticeable unless you were parked under artificial lighting, like a petrol station.

I someone else said its the pigment in red paint....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well hopefully it will come back to original during the day it looks all the same but under white light or as u said street lighting it's different. Only had it for 2 weeks not getting rid as I love it.. Car is immaculate and bumpers ect very nice but body as someone else said obv not been looked after Text Font Paper Games Vehicle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.