2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

This is my first time posting on here. I hope I'm posting this in the right section, still getting used to the site! :facepalm:

I am looking to upgrade my standard 18" CTR alloys to a shiny new black pair - either 18 or 19" as in need of new tyres anyway.

Can anyone recommend any that would look decent with the milano red body colour? Would consider a dark grey colour too.

Any ideas welcome and thanks in advance :p

· Honda nut
2,548 Posts
They look spot on, how much would they set me back? Looked at the P1's before.

Not thought too much about powder coating - what are your views on that?

:)
powder coating is good and more durable than paint .I think they were around £700 .you can get them from Rarerims.co.uk or driftworks :)

Reactions: lisawhite187

· Registered
153 Posts
i have thought about new alloys but decided to go for a powder coated metallic black on my oem rims with a satin finish car is red. 55 pound per wheel thats to take the wheel in they will remove the tyre powder coat the wheel then re-fit the tyre and ballance it again 220 for all 4 not at all bad :D

· Premium Member
8,304 Posts
Hey everyone!

This is my first time posting on here. I hope I'm posting this in the right section, still getting used to the site! :facepalm:

I am looking to upgrade my standard 18" CTR alloys to a shiny new black pair - either 18 or 19" as in need of new tyres anyway.

Can anyone recommend any that would look decent with the milano red body colour? Would consider a dark grey colour too.

Any ideas welcome and thanks in advance :p
maybe best to get 2 pairs though :laugh: :p

i have team dynamics Jade R wheels on my milano :D

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for your replies!

I've decided to stick with the 18" OEM alloys and to go for black gloss powder coating finish.

So, my next step is... What company should I use to get them coated? I've seen people say they've paid between £220 and £400 approx.

I'd probably need the full works (them to remove wheels from my car, remove tyres from alloys) on 4 tyres.

Also looking for red ball/radius seating wheel nuts to fit oem alloys obviously (or black ones as red has proved quite hard to find!!) (most turn up pink!). Think with the red painted callipers, it'll defo look the part with the full upgrade!

One last thing - The TYPE R branding on the brake calliper - what colour? I was thinking: calliper red, TYPE in black and R in white.

As you can see, going for the red and black with a touch of white theme!!! :D

Any ideas, again, much appreciated! :D

· Premium Member
52 Posts
That is one nice car! Love those wheels with the splitters
Indeed! :)

they are also lightweight, build quality is perfect and the look's awesome! They are one of the best you can get for Milano FN2 IMO. Maybe I would change the wheel rim tape colour to a darker red but that is just a detail :)
Hope I'll get a pair of these in upcoming months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.