2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only one pic so far as I only got it yesterday and spent today polishing/sealing and waxing it!

·
Registered
580 Posts
:cool: Looks Ace. Well polished and looking good!:cool:
They 18"?

If so, it looks like there's loads of space, so it will comfortably fit some 19"'s:D

Nice car btw, and what is that raised bit of spuare plastic on your front bumper? I dont have it...mines just flushed:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks great. I'm itching to do this with mine but it hasnt stopped raining long enough since I got her!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks great. I'm itching to do this with mine but it hasnt stopped raining long enough since I got her!
Is it wise to polish a new car ,because when i bought a new civic sport 04 milano red a few years back the polish marks when the sun came out were awful.yous looks cool what polish you using

·
Registered
975 Posts
so nice

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Keep seeing a Milano Red's out and about! Very nice

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm mostly using Poorboys stuff.

Yesterday involved a Meguire's Gold Class wash followed by Poorboys Polish, Sealant (EX-P) then a wax.

Also gave the wheels a coat of Poorboy's wheel sealant.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it wise to polish a new car ,because when i bought a new civic sport 04 milano red a few years back the polish marks when the sun came out were awful.yous looks cool what polish you using
I did mine because I didn't get it treated. I didn't want to get it treated mostly due to the cost and the fact that when I washed it properly (clay bar etc) it'd rub it off anyway!

So wanted to get it sealed and waxed ready for winter asap.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another one, sorry about the glare (and the moss!)

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
Looking good, and all the same colour unlike some :)
Well done, I don't have the patience to polish it too much, a wash and dry down is usually enough for me.;)

·
Registered
430 Posts
That really has to be one of the nicest 'red' cars on the road. I would however like to lose the black plastic side trims and have them painted the same as the body colour.

Very nice though. I am still debating adding 18's to my order. Trade off against ride / tyre cost (not that much more really) and curbing incidents. There were three Civics at my local dealer that had Storms, all had curb damage :( -

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine had curb damage on the front left when I received it. Spotted it during inspection and it's getting replaced. Glad I saw it really else I doubt they'd have done anything.

Apart from that, I just watch out for pot holes and beware rolling on and off curbs. I also don't really park that much as the girlfriend has a fiesta beast (tm) for town shopping and work has a huge open carpark which is basically a few acres of tarmac with no lines/curbs/nasty things.

I do expect to curb them all by Christmas though but oh well!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd have to admit, the milano red is one of the nicer colours for the civic! ;)

Almost made me reconsider getting my NHB [smilie=shock.gif]

..... Almost!!! ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Only one pic so far as I only got it yesterday and spent today polishing/sealing and waxing it!

Fantastic work and good to see another Poorboys fan. If you wanted an even wetter finish try using Clearkote red moose machine glaze in between the polish and sealant. Once again good work and those wheels are looking amazing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts