2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Milano Red > All
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Well this will be the start of a small thread as I've only had the car 9 days.

Bought the car from a member on here (forgot to ask username :facepalm: )
Apparently the car has a TDi south FRSU with front (possibly rear) springs and rear spacers. This is how it looked when I got it home and gave it a wash and added some sealent:

After a few days I missed driving a modified car so it began:

6 days in and it was on the ramp having all 3 of the polybush inserts put on:

This has also turned up in the post today:

Just waiting for the Tegiwa short shifters to come off back order and this will be fitted asap!

That brings us up to date on the car for now. Future plans include:
-Fujitsubo exhaust
-CPL CAI
-Flashpro with TDi south map.
-Quaife LSD
-BIGGER BRAKES!!!

Let me know what you think :)

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
790 Posts
It seems the civinfo fever came with the car ;) looks nice buddy!

·
Milano Red > All
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice car mate, have you fitted the k&n yet? How does it sound and does it make a difference?
Fitted it the evening it turned up :p It's a little more throaty and is slightly louder in v-tec. Wouldn't really say there is a performance gain but it does sound a bit nicer :)

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Looking good and future plans sound awesome!

How did you find the engine mount inserts? Is the vibration crazy now? Mine are going on in the next couple of weeks, dunno whether I should put all 3 in or just go for the front and back.

·
Milano Red > All
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking good and future plans sound awesome!

How did you find the engine mount inserts? Is the vibration crazy now? Mine are going on in the next couple of weeks, dunno whether I should put all 3 in or just go for the front and back.
They've only been in a few days but they are quite bad on pull off or if you rev at idle. Once the engine is warm there is some vibration. I'm debating removing the lower torque ones on the subframe and leaving the engine ones in place. I think 2 is more than enough for the road unless you're building a dedicated track car :)

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
V v v nice

Reactions: Marc_R

·
Milano Red > All
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well... The above may explain this:

I've seen micra's with stronger gearboxes.... Though I won't be beaten!

Possibly a few more toys being added as I'm depressed at not having a car for 2 weeks. Sucks right now but irritatingly I've got a soft spot for the rice rocket!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts