2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the wife's FN2 a quick detail yesterday, rather pleased with the outcome.

Washed
Dried
Clay'ed
Polished
Wax'd

Roof reflection

Hope you all like.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just an update to what I did today,

I used a -
Meguiars wash & wax with mitt
G220 da
3M yellow polish & pad
3M blue polish & pad
BMD Sirius wax

I don't have any before pics as I was trying to just get done as it kept looking like it was going to rain.

She's now lowered on 30mm ABP Springs and running a martelius system too.

Cheers for looking.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looks great!

What is the polish and pads you used? I am just wandering the similarity of the hexlogic pads and meguiars polish I've got?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers mate, if I was to do another car which I now have a few mates messaging me about doing there's id use a different polish and pad combo to the 3M ones. I found them too soft and took a while to get a decent cut with because of this. Also the blue pad is easily split if too much pressure is applied for a long period like I've ended up doing to mine.

I'm just looking around to see what people like to use and get decent results with relatively quickly.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Cheers mate, if I was to do another car which I now have a few mates messaging me about doing there's id use a different polish and pad combo to the 3M ones. I found them too soft and took a while to get a decent cut with because of this. Also the blue pad is easily split if too much pressure is applied for a long period like I've ended up doing to mine.

I'm just looking around to see what people like to use and get decent results with relatively quickly.
Good luck, different cars = different paint = different combos, enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good luck, different cars = different paint = different combos, enjoy :thumbsup:
Yeah I know that's why I'm going to have to get a few to have kicking about for when there needed and see what I like best on what car really.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Indeed as Shaun says, have fun trying different combos on harder paints than buttersoft civics;)
I too found the 3m pads to soft, Hexlogic all the way personally
Agreed, but I couldn't get on with CG Hex pads, my choice is Lake Country Hydrotech. We all have our favourites :)

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want to try the hexlogic and lake country pads.

What polish do you both use on your pads?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
I want to try the hexlogic and lake country pads.

What polish do you both use on your pads?
On my Civic Scholl S40 or Megs 205. If I had more serious swirls (which I don't) I'd only go as high as Scholl S20.

But that combo would not correct much on hard paint.

·
Administrator
15,519 Posts
On my Civic Scholl S40 or Megs 205. If I had more serious swirls (which I don't) I'd only go as high as Scholl S20.

But that combo would not correct much on hard paint.
You copying me haha, but these are perfect for jap paint Cracker

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers lads,

What about German paint though? I'm getting asked to do an E36 M3, Audi A4, Skoda Fabia VRS (mk2) and a TVR Cerbera.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts