2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, had my car just over 2 weeks now and I am well and truly in love! Done a few things already, just getting it clean really! As I write this it is currently sat in the body shop so will get some more pictures up on the weekend when I get it back :)

Bit of what I've done so far

4 new Eagle F1 tyres. (What a difference!)

Front end re spray ( Front bumper complete, bonnet and fenders)

All 4 wheels being refurbished aswel and to come the weekend a new grill off a friends champ white.

Already done to the car was uprated Brembo discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

Will get pictures up this weekend of everything but for now a few I took before!

Thanks for looking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh forgot to mention planning on getting Mugen wing and rear diffuser the beginning of next year aswel!! :)

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
That s14 ohhhh love them cars and will own one eventually is it a SR or KA?

Nice fn2 you have in the fastest colour ;), hope the mod bug doesn't bite too hard.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That s14 ohhhh love them cars and will own one eventually is it a SR or KA?

Nice fn2 you have in the fastest colour ;), hope the mod bug doesn't bite too hard.

It's the SR mate! I think it has already if I'm honest. Dreamed of owning an FN2 for a while and dreamed up all my plans so not time to put them into action lol and it has to be Milano ;)

·
793 Posts
Cool sr20's are bolt on kings.

Best place to start I think is handling/suspension, you've already got good rubber all round get some springs frsu and decent pads and you'll be laughing around all the corners

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool sr20's are bolt on kings.

Best place to start I think is handling/suspension, you've already got good rubber all round get some springs frsu and decent pads and you'll be laughing around all the corners

Yeah it's my mates car but he's not interested in building it.. Shame really, I'm always trying to convince him!

Yeah I wanna do that! Is there a big difference in handling??

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bit of an update guys got the car back yesterday from the body shop! Front of the car looks spot on now! Took a few pictures. Had the wheels done aswel. Will post pictures of them up next week.

Was meant to take before pictures but I forgot!

More than happy with the job tho

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Gave it a quick late afternoon wash today before it has it's pre inspection detail tomorrow! Fingers crossed it will be done this weekend :) I'll update with pictures when it's done!

:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Respray looks a great job. Need to get the same done on my own. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? just as a guide price on what I can expect to pay? Thanks

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Respray looks a great job. Need to get the same done on my own. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? just as a guide price on what I can expect to pay? Thanks

Thanks mate. For the bumper, fenders and bonnet all in was £600 mate.. I think that's about right but has been my first experience so wouldn't know if that's good or not..

·
793 Posts
Yeah it's my mates car but he's not interested in building it.. Shame really, I'm always trying to convince him!

Yeah I wanna do that! Is there a big difference in handling??

shame he doesnt want to build it tbh, they are cracking cars.

a fast road setup and springs make a world of difference, some 15mm eibachs make the ride better on bad roads and also improve the handling too!

and nice respray as well!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shame he doesnt want to build it tbh, they are cracking cars.

a fast road setup and springs make a world of difference, some 15mm eibachs make the ride better on bad roads and also improve the handling too!

and nice respray as well!

Yeah I know! Yeah I'm gunna book myself in next year after the winter :) thanks!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Having a correction detail done to the car this weekend also! Had a little taster yesterday of the difference it makes and I couldn't believe it!

Here's a short Video showing a taster..

https://vimeo.com/143885045

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers, I had a budget figure in my head of around £700 so hopefully should be able to get it done by a reputable bodyshop within budget. Will wait to after winter now however when all the road gritting etc has finished I think.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers, I had a budget figure in my head of around £700 so hopefully should be able to get it done by a reputable bodyshop within budget. Will wait to after winter now however when all the road gritting etc has finished I think.

Yeah, some body shops was quoting me £1000 but they were quite high end shops. Well good luck mate! Look forward to seeing it when it's done :)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts