2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what people get from a full tank of fuel in terms of mileage, not mpg. I have a 1.8 petrol, although I'm interested to see what diesel owners get too.

What are the figures like on mainly motorway , mainly town one mixed.

Sorry if this repeats previous posts

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,396 Posts
I was just wondering what people get from a full tank of fuel in terms of mileage, not mpg. I have a 1.8 petrol, although I'm interested to see what diesel owners get too.

What are the figures like on mainly motorway , mainly town one mixed.

Sorry if this repeats previous posts
Dunno about miles to the tank.... But I can easily average 59 mpg with my patient head on on the motorway.... Combined at the minute in cold weather get about 52 mpg but this increases as the temperature does in the summer.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,396 Posts
550-600 per tank mainly motorway @ HGV speeds.

ECU is over-reading due to a remap. Actual tank-to-tank was closer to 70.

200 miles driving like I stole it around a track. :lol:

Jeso Messiah! what country were you in? 26c outside temperature lol! Certainly couldn't have been in Bonny Scotland......

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Jeso Messiah! what country were you in? 26c outside temperature lol! Certainly couldn't have been in Bonny Scotland......
Oulton Park, end of last July. Was sweating my thruppenny's off with a lid on, even with A/C full on.

Not allowed opened windows on track.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I get 475 miles out of the last tank costing £45 to fill up so just under 10p a mile. Diesel 2.2 2011 EX model. Computer showed about 60 miles left in the tank.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
622.3 miles out of the tank & 52.61 litres v-power diesel to fill it = £65.71
607 miles the last tank with 6 miles left on the trip comp.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
1.4 i-vtec and I always fill up after the light comes on, and brim it, usually takes 45 litres. I get 420 to 450 miles on 45 litres. Most ever on 45 litres was 511 miles on a motorway schlep to Stansted. Usual driving is sensible.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
CTR. I got 340 miles on my last tank, with the occasional VTEC blast. Mainly 70mph carriageway driving, stop/start and country roads to work.

Filled up on the light with 18 miles (apparently left)

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I use Morrison's finest!!
Typically I get 380 - 420 miles with a 85:15 % mix town / motorway.

42 - 45 mpg indicated.

Having moved 2 miles further away from work is brilliant - just manages to warm up!

Al.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
1.8. It said I had 359m filled to bustin. And I average 47 mpg on the motorway and 38mpg in town. But if I drive it to have fun (legally keeping to the speed limits), ill average around 32mpg. It was slightly worse when it was colder though.

shmoke and a pancake

·
Registered
408 Posts
How are people getting 600 miles out of a tank as my 2.2 after 475 miles was on the line and I can only get £45 in so do you guys have bigger tanks?
So how many miles do 1.8 drivers get in a tank and how much to fill up. All very well saying you can get 47mpg but with the engine having to be cained more to get it moving the real world is probably a lot less?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
How are people getting 600 miles out of a tank as my 2.2 after 475 miles was on the line and I can only get £45 in so do you guys have bigger tanks?

Cruise control set @ 1.6-1.7k in 6th, just before turbo kicks in, 90% motorway and Shell V-Power+ derv.

An urban/cruise mix would be 450-500 per tank.

Heavy right foot/all urban and I'd struggle to do 400 miles.

I thought all fuel tanks were the same size, 50 litres ?
I've never squeezed more than 45/46 litres in mine, but don't run the tank right down to fumes as don't want to potentially clog fuel filter with any crap from the bottom of the tank. Fuel filter change on 2.2 is a PITA !

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
24-27 mpg 320 miles to a tank

·
Registered
18 Posts
I get about 500 miles at 42mpg, drive a 1.8 petrol. In town driving i get 38-40 mpg.
at MessiahHontrial, not all fuel tanks are 50 litres, the smaller the car the smaller the tank.
Cars i have driven, 406 - 70 litres, Merc C Class - 60 litres, Civic - 45 litres.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
at MessiahHontrial, not all fuel tanks are 50 litres, the smaller the car the smaller the tank.
Cars i have driven, 406 - 70 litres, Merc C Class - 60 litres, Civic - 45 litres.
:roflmao:

I'm not that naive ! Was referring to all 8th gen Civics...[smilie=tongue.gif]

Another reason why it's not a good idea to run the tank very low is that the petrol gauge ain't that accurate...
Fuel - Civinfo Wiki

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/28710-fuel-tank-capacity.html

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Something wrong with the maths here. 45 litres tank capacity = 10 gallons (roughly). So, 10 x 42 = 420 not 500.

I have a 1.8 and calculated consumption ranges from 36 to 40 mpg and I usually fill up at around 360 miles if I can to avoid pulling any rubbish through the filter. Computer however usually says 40 to 44 and is pretty consistent at reading 4mpg over actual consumption.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts