2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I not get the screen to display how many miles left in the tank before I need to fill up?!

Hmmmmm

Also, shame the dial colours don't change when you change the screen to red etc...

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Press the i button on the steering wheel to cycle through the trip computer. Miles to empty should be the 3rd or 4th screen.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have:

1. Main screen, mpg etc...
2. Blank
3. Clock
4. Radio

Is it the clock I can change? I was driving so haven't had time to attempt to do that...

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
If you access the menu when parked, you get an extra menu screen which allows you to customise the trip computer screen :)

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
You can still cylcle through screens while driving tho ie miles remaining, mpg, blank, seatbelts etc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool will try that! Hopefully I can have it on number 2 as that just shows miles the car has done and a digital clock across the bottom, I.e. pointless!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,254 Posts
Press the i button on the steering wheel to cycle through the trip computer. Miles to empty should be the 3rd or 4th screen.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2
This is in the 9G section and the 9G doesn't have this facility, yet. You have to pull up at the side of the road, apply the handbrake, get the manual out and follow the instructions and go via the menu system.

What you can do, if you have the right model, is opt to not view the SatNav mapping and have this display the tank range instead. If you are on an unfamilair journey you have 2 options:

1) Watch your tank range
2) SatNav Navigation

The good news is that the MY13's apparently have this sorted and it's back to the steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
You paint a gloomy picture there Krem... But in reality, it's not that bad. I hame my I-MID screen set to to rang as its the one I use the most and as I have the Honda nav I can flick into the trip computer screen to see how mpg is going :)

Btw, sat in a 13my ES last Friday (went to dealer to collect my £15 e-voucher - Honda Xmas card).... The I-mid seems to function exactly the same :(

This is in the 9G section and the 9G doesn't have this facility, yet. You have to pull up at the side of the road, apply the handbrake, get the manual out and follow the instructions and go via the menu system.

What you can do, if you have the right model, is opt to not view the SatNav mapping and have this display the tank range instead. If you are on an unfamilair journey you have 2 options:

1) Watch your tank range
2) SatNav Navigation

The good news is that the MY13's apparently have this sorted and it's back to the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You paint a gloomy picture there Krem... But in reality, it's not that bad. I hame my I-MID screen set to to rang as its the one I use the most and as I have the Honda nav I can flick into the trip computer screen to see how mpg is going :)

Btw, sat in a 13my ES last Friday (went to dealer to collect my £15 e-voucher - Honda Xmas card).... The I-mid seems to function exactly the same :(
I thought this would be the case. Honda clearly have no intention of changing this - they must see it as a safety lock out.

The writing on the wall was when the new CR-V came out with exactly the same restriction.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,254 Posts
I thought the latest CR-V had it sorted, with the Civ to follow ?

Looks like I'm hanging on to mine for quite a while longer then. Wonder why they did this ? What's the point of a trip computer if you can't roll round the various available functions without being at the side of the road with the handbrake on ?

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I thought this would be the case. Honda clearly have no intention of changing this - they must see it as a safety lock out.

The writing on the wall was when the new CR-V came out with exactly the same restriction.

Yet more total rubbish.

You can view both MPG and Range on the same screen on the 2013 MY CR-V.
EIther that or i've just handed two prototypes over.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yet more total rubbish.

You can view both MPG and Range on the same screen on the 2013 MY CR-V.
EIther that or i've just handed two prototypes over.
I was talking about the restriction of having to be stopped to cycle through the comp settings/screens.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,254 Posts
If I can set the iMid to display both the Average MPG and tank range at the same time then I'm covered, that's all I need.

I don't use any of the other displays on my 8G.

If it's the current MPG then it's back to square one as that's of no use to me at all, my Eco lights tell me that :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts