2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Always used millers oil, great stuff. I wouldnt be surprised if the nanodrive stuff helped performance by a few horses

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did they compare it with? I assume they based that figure on a number of runs?

This is what they wrote,
"changed the VXR oil to halfords 5w-40 fully synthetic and new filters.
Taken for a 20min run so the oil was to temp. Given three runs on the dyno. The final run was recorded and compared to the previous runs to insure figures were the same.
Then the oil was changed to this NANODRIVE done the same process as above. And the results were impressive.

They also tested a focus ST same test.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
There was an initial test done on an old Porsche that showed gains, but none since then asked Oilman last week.

This is interesting though it is expensive stuff

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
This is what they wrote,
"changed the VXR oil to halfords 5w-40 fully synthetic and new filters.
Taken for a 20min run so the oil was to temp. Given three runs on the dyno. The final run was recorded and compared to the previous runs to insure figures were the same.
Then the oil was changed to this NANODRIVE done the same process as above. And the results were impressive.

They also tested a focus ST same test.
Thanks. The nanodrive was the same grade oil i assume too? Any comparison with oils like Castrol Edge?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. The nanodrive was the same grade oil i assume too? Any comparison with oils like Castrol Edge?
Yep same grade. Can't see any comparisons with castrol edge. This stuff only come out this year i think pretty interesting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was an initial test done on an old Porsche that showed gains, but none since then asked Oilman last week.

This is interesting though it is expensive stuff
Yea it's £70 for 5litres. I read about that Porsche test also :).

Question I wana know is, does this power gain last right through to the next oil change??

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
What about the important bit . . . how good is it at protecting your engine?
I'd assume if the figures are anything to go by and more BHP is to be had due to reduced friction, then the engine wear would be significantly less than with a 'standard' oil.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I'd assume if the figures are anything to go by and more BHP is to be had due to reduced friction, then the engine wear would be significantly less than with a 'standard' oil.
^^^^ This!

Maybe the person who told me nanodrive was a waste of money and see's this.

Btw i was quoted £64 off the oilman for 5 litres.

I paid 42 for the gulf competition oil, which is absolutely awesome at 0w30.

I will be testing out this nanodrive in my stock fn2 in the next month, would i need to change the oil for fresh gulf as i only recently had a 25k service??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
What you mean use fresh gulf , I thought you were putting in nano
Yes, but like in the vauxhall they put fresh oil and filter to see how much bhp before nanodrive.

So i should just get it dyno'd and then change to nanodrive?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Bit of an expensive oil change, throw bout fresh oil,buy and refill, dyno buy nano and refill then redyno.

That's a price of an intake or a set of decent brakes

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^ This!

Maybe the person who told me nanodrive was a waste of money and see's this.

Btw i was quoted £64 off the oilman for 5 litres.

I paid 42 for the gulf competition oil, which is absolutely awesome at 0w30.

I will be testing out this nanodrive in my stock fn2 in the next month, would i need to change the oil for fresh gulf as i only recently had a 25k service??

Really interested in seeing the results of that mate! :)

And £64 is a little better.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Bit of an expensive oil change, throw bout fresh oil,buy and refill, dyno buy nano and refill then redyno.

That's a price of an intake or a set of decent brakes
I would buy the gulf and nanodrive together, use the shortie hamp filters.

i live like 15-20 miles from tegiwa imports, my dyno place charge £25 an hour for labour and dyno runs are 30 each.
I'm sure he will sort me for this test/review.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Tbh I'd save my money and put it in next time if you want it, its going to be no massive performance benefit doing it now.

There's no need to do your own tests if you believe the ones above.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Tbh I'd save my money and put it in next time if you want it, its going to be no massive performance benefit doing it now.

There's no need to do your own tests if you believe the ones above.
Proves the haters wrong and i wanna see how much of an increase it adds for N/A.

I'm not doing it this next coming week, gonna be atleast a month before i do it so it will be due a change.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts