2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can milltek exhaust owners help me?

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a non res milltek exhaust. Especially if ABP have an Xmas sale on them.

Does it cover up the standard intake noise?

I don't think it will be too loud for me - I had a tegiwa exhaust before and found one of my old posts in 2013 complaining it was too quiet.

Any other opinions from owners?

Cheers.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Milltek non-res is louder than any closed box ones but didn't drown out the RSK

·
Registered
552 Posts
Will also be getting one in the mew year! Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was torn between getting the Milltek and Martelius catback systems a couple of months ago. In the end I went for the Milltek, having heard both in person.

The Martelius sounded great when you wanted to turn a few heads or open up on a back road. But for everyday driving the Milltek won me over. Has a nice deep note with a bit of raspiness down low, and burbles when skipping down the rev range. In my opinion, the Milltek non-res is how a standard FN2 should sound. I ended up getting the HKS induction kit too, and I’m content with the noise as it stands.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I have one and very pleased......although my custom 2.25 was a lot louder

·
Registered
552 Posts
How much would i be looking at for a non res milltek on my fn2 inc fitting peeps

·
Enjoying life
8,512 Posts
Purchase price plus £60 to £80 fitting. Sell your old one to recoup the fitting cost. I got my milltek second hand for £195 0:)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Purchase price plus £60 to £80 fitting. Sell your old one to recoup the fitting cost. I got my milltek second hand for £195 0:)
Not bad dude! I've always bought new ao will look at that. Saw ine on ebay for under £560 so might grab that

·
Registered
552 Posts
If you go directly to ABP they are £500 plus £20 shipping.

They are putting a deal on in december for milltek's so I will wait and see what they are offering! you may want to wait a few days bud!
Sounds good my friend! I will def go this route.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, making me feel better for pulling the trigger on one. I don't have the money to get it wrong.

Should be a good compromise, not silly loud but enough to enjoy.

Looking forward to the abp sale, I think last year they were £450.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
I'd hang on too as they should be cheaper in a sale.

Don't regret selling mine as I wanted the 3" but you won't be disappointed. The quality and sound are excellent and sound very "Honda" not asbo :)

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
I'd hang on too as they should be cheaper in a sale.

Don't regret selling mine as I wanted the 3" but you won't be disappointed. The quality and sound are excellent and sound very "Honda" not asbo :)
Very Honda is a good way to put it. Agree completely it is loud on full chat with a HKS though haha!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Please can milltek exhaust owners help me?

I'm considering pulling the trigger on a non res milltek exhaust. Especially if ABP have an Xmas sale on them.

Does it cover up the standard intake noise?

I don't think it will be too loud for me - I had a tegiwa exhaust before and found one of my old posts in 2013 complaining it was too quiet.

Any other opinions from owners?

Cheers.
hi mate,i had the milltek non res from apb(TGM ordered&fitted) some 3 months ago,i have all stock engine internals...it does cover the standard engine noise,its not insane like the marty,and not as loud as,say the J`Rs 60,but its most definatly not "just above stock"...after 3 months its settleing in really nicely,up to 4-5k its a nice deep tone but not boomy at all,then it just matches vtec up the range,but its the burbles....love the downchange burbles,veeery nice....:laugh2:

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I need some down change burbles, makes slowing down more fun

1 - 20 of 60 Posts