2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen on amd Essex website that they are now taking on custom exhausts so sent them an email about possibly doing a header and removable cat section. Will see what they say but they probably won't be able to beat the price and quality of the tegiwa?
What are people's thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Is this the AMD Miltek who reside in Thurrock, next door to TDI PLC?

The one that had a BTCC "race team"? ;)

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this the AMD Miltek who reside in Thurrock, next door to TDI PLC?

The one that had a BTCC "race team"? ;)
Yes mate, that's the one! Still got the golf in the btcc

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Received an email from them and said they won't do a mani because of r+d time and cost but will do the replaceable cat in the mid section. Might give them a go seeing as tdi north are so good damn far.

Will tdi south be doing this replaceable cat anyone know??

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AMD Technik?????
No mate. Amd milltek. They concentrate more on the German vehicles rather than jap but still have good facilities and options in my opinion.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
That chipshop amd place by tdi south afaik are just known as amd essex. They dont produce miltek parts.. they have just stuck a miltek catback on their golf and got some sponsor backing.

EDIT: Im sure amd are nice guys and in no way sell any fish/chip based products ;)

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That chipshop amd place by tdi south afaik are just known as amd essex. They dont produce miltek parts.. they have just stuck a miltek catback on their golf and got some sponsor backing.
Lol. Gather your not a massive fan then! You had a bad experience with them??

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
No beef, i just remember hearing about them making certain agreements with tdi because they were next door to each other. Think boundaries got pushed though, so they dont get on now lol everytime i went down that way id just see chavs there revving scoobies and focus st's outside amd.

Anyway, on topic: they dont produce miltek products, just sell miltek exhausts. And im sure miltek dont make exhaust manifolds so i guess theyre making amd custom builds

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Yeah tegiwa mani is full of win, very well priced and does the job

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah tegiwa mani is full of win, very well priced and does the job
Think it's defo gonna be the tegiwa mani plus removable cat but need somewhere to fit and weld it all etc... Will see what the difference in price is between amd and tdi south if they will do it?

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Weld what buddy? The tegiwa manifold obviously has no cat. The tegiwa catback exhaust just bolts onto the mani, and the removable cat in the exhaust will be bolt in/out for simple removal for MOT's.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Weld what buddy? The tegiwa manifold obviously has no cat. The tegiwa catback exhaust just bolts onto the mani, and the removable cat in the exhaust will be bolt in/out for simple removal for MOT's.
I think he's referring to the work needed on the exhaust to have a removable cat ie chopping out mid box welding flanges etc.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
I think he's referring to the work needed on the exhaust to have a removable cat ie chopping out mid box welding flanges etc.
Ah that would make sense! ;)

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's spot on mate.

Any of you thinking of doing this mod?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Thought about having a sports cat whixb wont need removing. Piper do a full system

1 - 20 of 24 Posts