2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks ABP for the Milltek non res exhaust!

Ordered on Friday and arrived first thing at 9am this morning, amazing and fast service!

Stevo! and pjones19 (Paul) helped me fit it this afternoon and it sounds awesome. If anyone thinks this is too loud, its not at all and sounds very subtle when idling (you can tell its aftermarket though). The drone is pretty much non existent and I can't see it annoying you at all.

The exhaust is much more throaty and on lift off the exhaust burbles very nicely.

I haven't driven much with it on at the moment and have heard that it will get louder (which is good!) and I can't give a justified review on any performance differences yet but will do after a week to let it "bed" in.

Thanks again Rich and ABP for the speedy smooth service :D

Gar

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
The Milltek sounds great with the cat installed, just a bit loud with the race header for me. Enjoy it mate :cool:

It will probable get a bit louder in the first few hundred miles ;)

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Schweet! Thanks for your help btw Rev's! The supersprint was unfortunately a bit out of my budget :( But it does sound good!

I'm looking forward to it "getting louder" :p

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
I do love the sound of this Milltek, sounds sooo sport and raspy specially at the higher end of the rev range..

Also, I do recommend going for a spin or even just starting the car while no back box is fitted :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
The Milltek sounds great with the cat installed, just a bit loud with the race header for me. Enjoy it mate :cool:

It will probable get a bit louder in the first few hundred miles ;)
I have a tegiwa header and still think my milltek is too quiet! Can hardly hear my exhaust over the hks rsk

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
My Milltek had about 3k on it when I got it and it was damn loud once I fitted the header. Saying that, the RSK it pretty bloody loud, too :lol:

How many miles have you done with it on, buddy?

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha probably only 20! I can't give a justified review as of yet! No its not too loud which is ideal for me but sounds so sporty and yes there are a few pops when shifting down :)

The HKS RSK is awesome full stop, love it and yes in VTEC it almost drowns it out completely LOL. But overall the sound of the car is SO MUCH BETTER.

Rev's I might get a new manifold then :p haha thanks

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:D Nice choice Lisa! It sounds awesome. I gave it the beans today and it pulls so much better mid range. I used to get a bit of lag after a gear change, and now its non existent... It's a much smoother engine response now which is great.

Drone is not bad at all. You've got to expect some if you're looking at any after market exhaust to be honest but I think they Milltek is great. I guess its popular for no reason!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it ;)

I've had the Milltek on my FN2 for 5 years now :eek: as it was my car that Milltek developed the system on and I still love the noise it makes :D.

Its quiet when you want it to be but once you press the loud pedal it makes glorious noises that never fail to make you smile.

I now have a BMW too that has a Milltek fitted but when I drive the Civic it still sounds great.

And yes the sound does change once it gets carboned up after a few thousand miles.

Chris

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
:D Nice choice Lisa! It sounds awesome. I gave it the beans today and it pulls so much better mid range. I used to get a bit of lag after a gear change, and now its non existent... It's a much smoother engine response now which is great.

Drone is not bad at all. You've got to expect some if you're looking at any after market exhaust to be honest but I think they Milltek is great. I guess its popular for no reason!
Agree with you 100%. Got Tom to drive my car down an old airstrip road the other day so I could hear it outside the car for a change; it's a straight and long and a reasonably smooth surface road so he could really give it some and it sounded amazing :D. When Tom first fitted it I thought it was too quiet but it's really come out of its shell now!!!

·
JAPFEST Event Organiser
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will make one soon as you request buddy :) Going to Germany for a week on Sun so will get one straight after :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts