2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

My car is almost 1000 miles so I am looking to change the exhaust so What about HkS or MILLTECK ??? what you think of either ???

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Couple of threads on these, but the HKS is non discreet, double the price of the milltek but less noisy.

I did look at both but at just over £850 for the HKS I couldn't justify chucking away the warranty with it just to make it discreet. I did get the Milltek but its rather loud.

Btw guess your looking for 19 inch not 9 inch alloys?

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi angie

Yeah what I thought not worth double money for HKS so Milltek seems good !!!! oh I am looking for 19" rage wheels 2nd hand so maybe one day i get it not know when maybe never !!!!!

your car seems cool with rage and splitters :cool:

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Your sig says !9" Rage wheels lol but the milltek gives the car the noise it looks like it should have but I and others have found it loud

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Ive got the Milltek one its noisey as hell, but i like it

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you happy with loud ?? Is your car have air filter yet ? I like Gruppe m as well may more loud milltek and gruppe m ? what about HKS racing suction ??

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I dont have any new induction kit on mine just the standard. I like the growel from the zost. Well worth the money.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Hi everyone

My car is almost 1000 miles so I am looking to change the exhaust so What about HkS or MILLTECK ??? what you think of either ???

I'm having the same dilemma as you, leaning towards the HKS though.

My mate has seen the HKS system on an FN2 at one of the Jap Car Shows. He said it looked amazing and the build quaility was awesome.

From what I've heard Milltek loud all the time
HKS more or less same as stock at idle or low revs then loud in Vtec

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's what TDi told me:

"The HKS system’s finish is a lot better with proper bolt joints and gaskets where as the Milltek is slide joints with compression clamps. Regarding performance we haven’t yet seen one making the same power as the HKS but when you consider it is half the price nearly of the HKS its still a good buy.
We sell them both and have no issues with them as such but it’s like comparing Toda with DC sports. Gains are similar the difference is in the quality of finish and materials used."

For me, when the time comes, I'll be going for the HKS, I just have to find someone locally who can cut the ends of the exhaust for me.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
The power gains i've seen from both exhaust are similar, plus not all have the same power at stock, then you have mods which again do give gains but all dependant on stock.

I'm putting the gruppet on mines when TDi get them in, but do wish HKS would have made a discreet system, cause I would of had that if it had been available

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Here's what TDi told me:

"The HKS system’s finish is a lot better with proper bolt joints and gaskets where as the Milltek is slide joints with compression clamps.Regarding performance we haven’t yet seen one making the same power as the HKS but when you consider it is half the price nearly of the HKS its still a good buy.
We sell them both and have no issues with them as such but it’s like comparing Toda with DC sports. Gains are similar the difference is in the quality of finish and materials used."

For me, when the time comes, I'll be going for the HKS, I just have to find someone locally who can cut the ends of the exhaust for me.
Sounds like they want to sell you the expensive one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, actually. They somewhat "refused" to sell it to me, by telling me that it'd be better if I bought it from one of the authorized dealers in germany/france/luxembourg/etc., because the shipping costs would own me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts