2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting this fitted i have been reading up about it on the manufacturers web site. They claim an 8 to 10% power increase.
Does this mean my car is now pushing out 216 - 220bhp :D
My car certainly seems to rev more freely and feels a bit more eager but im not sure if this just my enthusiasm for it winning through.

I'm really loving the sound of it. Its loud but not in a boy (or girl) racerish way. Just gives the car a more sporty sound that suits its looks!
There is a bridge over the River Severn close to me that has high metal sides and i keep finding excuses to drive over it as the sound of the exhaust bounces back. Its the closest i have around here to a tunnel :D

Thank you Kimotherapy [smilie=hearts.gif]! You can rest assured that your exhaust has gone to a good, appreciative home. Im :D:D:D a lot.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I must agree they do complement the FN2... Sounds great :D

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I'm so glad that it has gone to a good home ;)

On it's own, it won't give you that 8 - 10% but it will improve throttle response and as you say, give your R the exhaust note that it deserves.

I recall several early reviews of when millteks were first fitted to the R's and got rave reviews, I still think its the best exhaust to get for the FN2 by far.

Only when the milltek is combined with other 'breathing mods' such as a better induction kit, manifold and throttle body will you really see that 8 - 10% increase, maybe more.

Like you, I find tunnels to 'blast' and the exhaust sounds crazy in multi storey car parks too ;)

Recently I've had the pleasure of being able to set off car alarms too LOL.

No need to thank me, it should be me who thanks you for giving it a new home.

Since getting this fitted i have been reading up about it on the manufacturers web site. They claim an 8 to 10% power increase.
Does this mean my car is now pushing out 216 - 220bhp :D
My car certainly seems to rev more freely and feels a bit more eager but im not sure if this just my enthusiasm for it winning through.

I'm really loving the sound of it. Its loud but not in a boy (or girl) racerish way. Just gives the car a more sporty sound that suits its looks!
There is a bridge over the River Severn close to me that has high metal sides and i keep finding excuses to drive over it as the sound of the exhaust bounces back. Its the closest i have around here to a tunnel :D

Thank you Kimotherapy [smilie=hearts.gif]! You can rest assured that your exhaust has gone to a good, appreciative home. Im :D:D:D a lot.

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
As kimo says with other breathing mods this will def perform better but personally I think more 8-10bhp is more realistic than 16-20bhp but still a great piece of kit, proven to produce the highest peak gain for FN2 certainly compared to the most popular out there, and as for the sound :) :) :) multi storey car parks are a joy lol

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Is it better than the toda power wise? As I'm going to be upgrading next month and want the best power/noise gain possible

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
TODA as I understand is the best.

R2 the stock catback is awful, so I imagine you have added a couple of horses. The main restriction is the manifold however

Reactions: TH3DOCTOR

·
Aye Aye....
7,101 Posts
Is it better than the toda power wise? As I'm going to be upgrading next month and want the best power/noise gain possible
I have never actually heard the TODA in person so can't comment on that, but I'm pretty sure it's 1-2bhp better at peak than TODA however the TODA beats it in midrange and let's be honest quality too but for the money I don't think you can beat the milltek tbh

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Milltek does not give you power untill ~8000rpms after this rpms it will give you 6HP (tested o my car). Toda does not give so big power but it's much better everywhere below 8000rpms. There is a graph showing it in TDI section -> Milltek vs TODA Exhaust, oh if you are planning to replace the OEM exhaust manifold forget the Milltek since it generates so pathetic weak sound, that it's a shame to drive this car on a street with TODA Manifold ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts