2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i've got the choice between either of these exhausts, as I can source either used for a very similar price. Which exhaust would you say produces the better noise and better gains, Invida or Milltek (non-resonated)? I don't think either exhaust produces too much noise when not pushing it?

Over the next two weeks I want to do intake (HKS RSK), exhaust.

Future mods will consist of RRC & FD2 cams and flashpro to finish it off as I doubt I will do any more as far as performance goes. The target in mind is 235bhp.

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
I have milltek, really pleased with it! :) it's only a bit louder than stock on normal driving, however when you plant it, it's a phenomenal sound ;)

Have you considered a custom built exhaust?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have considered it. A friend of mine is finishing a 3 year course in motorsport engineering and said he could build me one, hes got a civic ej i think.. fully moded and its a nice quick car. He reckons he would do it for £175 and i'm sure I could say if its rubbish i'm not going to pay him apart from cost! Also looked at some garages who do custom exhausts for £260... However thinking about the fact that an invidia will set you back £600 it must be a good piece of kit? Companies like that must do tests and carry out R&D and i cant imagine a garage which does a custom job in a matter of 3 hours to do anything as good?

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Well yeh I was quoted 390 for a single exit one which I thought was reasonable, to be honest at the end if the day it's just an exhaust, the straighter it is, optimal size, good material and welds to handle pressure and not cause restriction to the air and it'll be good, the exhaust will only make 5-10bhp anyway so if your talking 200 odd or 600 for a few bhp then £4£ custom built is better surely? Oh FYI I got a really good deal on my milltek hence why I got one over the custom built...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but im talking very cheap for the used catbacks... both being the same price used as a custom job apart from the one my friend said he would do, but thats a tad bit unreliable!

Price is irrelevant so its all about... sound & power gain between the milltek and invidia! someone must know to make my life easier....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok just found a thread where DaveK bought one from a forumer for £180 (SOOO CHEAP) and he said it was rubbish. Sounded nice at idle and went quiter during vtec, wth! Unless his broken i'm put off this exhaust now. In videos the milltek sounds nicer too!

·
SGP Fk8
9,722 Posts
dude what about a blueflame cat back ? thats what im rocking and its a great sound ! nice rumble when idle and a steady roar when planted , builds up nicely for the hks doing its thing when the vtec strikes ;)

·
Banned
125 Posts
I would fully recommend the milltek. Had it for a few months now and still love it. The car is a real headturner with the milltek. The sound is amazing espically in vtec. I wouldn't bother with a cheap custom exhaust as theres a chance you could lose power, Stick to the well known makes that have proven gains.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have heard blue flame is good too it's just that im looking for a 2nd hand exhaust and they tend to be less common. just have to wait for blue flame or milltek to come up for sale now!

·
Registered
997 Posts
The Invidia has better quality than the Miltek, better sound and is homologated to road all around Europe.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From listening to youtube clips which tbh is a pretty crap way to decide it seems like the milltek is better and after reading DaveK's post about it and him moving from an invidia to a milltek when he bought the invidia for £180 really puts me off. I'm sure it's good otherwise it wouldn't cost £600 but I will just stick the flock i think.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, been abit hard getting on the net (especially today). It all depends on what your after at the end of the day but like I said in my review the Invidia was really loud and intrusive just at idle & not what I wanted....The milltek is just about right but sometimes if your on the motorway just putting a slight load on the engine it can seem boomy but then if you let off a touch its fine again.

I managed to survive a 10 hour drive with my milltek so its ok to live with.

I have heard good reviews on the blueflame system but haven't had the fortune of hearing it at all in real life.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
dude what about a blueflame cat back ? thats what im rocking and its a great sound ! nice rumble when idle and a steady roar when planted , builds up nicely for the hks doing its thing when the vtec strikes ;)

+1 I love mine to bits

1 - 14 of 14 Posts