2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys, another Miltek exhaust thread :laugh2:

Does anybody have the Miltek cat back but Resonated?
If so do you have a video/sound clip or can anybody point me in the direction of one on youtube? All i can seem to find is the non-res.

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had nonresonated first on my k20, then after a month I bought original milltek resonator cause couldnt bare the noise. With resonator it was perfect - a bit louder than stock with milltek native tone.

But have no videos of that...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Im also looking at one for my fn2 next year. I would like to hear both in action before choosing. Is the non res quite loud on initial startup as i won't want to wake the neighbours when leaving for work in the morning!

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
None of the neighbours have moaned about mine. Don't see the point of an aftermarket exhaust if it's not much louder than stock.

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Im also looking at one for my fn2 next year. I would like to hear both in action before choosing. Is the non res quite loud on initial startup as i won't want to wake the neighbours when leaving for work in the morning!
Pretty loud on start up but not ridiculous. Sound of the non res is glorious down low as its deep but not loud. It screams up top when you press the loud pedal.

If your after close to stock noise wise then tegiwa single exit could be your option. However if you ask me I agree with flashy, and the non res is very easy to live with.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Pretty loud on start up but not ridiculous. Sound of the non res is glorious down low as its deep but not loud. It screams up top when you press the loud pedal.

If your after close to stock noise wise then tegiwa single exit could be your option. However if you ask me I agree with flashy, and the non res is very easy to live with.
Awesome, thanks! Just don't it to be ott and could this negatively effect re-sale value? Going to get the brakes and suspension done first and also interested in the HSK intake that I've read about recently.

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Awesome, thanks! Just don't it to be ott and could this negatively effect re-sale value? Going to get the brakes and suspension done first and also interested in the HSK intake that I've read about recently.
Na it's not ott mate. It's a nice sound. However coupled with the hks it is pretty loud in vtec! If your like me and wanted a quieter exhaust for pootling around but when you put the foot down it roars then milltek is your one.

I have the hks installed also and the two combined in vtec sound amazing.

In regards to resale value, it shouldn't at all these cars are sold to car enthusiasts so a car with mods already installed will be extremely attractive to some people as it saves them money!

There is also the hks legamax which is supposed to be a bit quieter than the milltek however they are quite hard to come by and cost a fortune!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Na it's not ott mate. It's a nice sound. However coupled with the hks it is pretty loud in vtec! If your like me and wanted a quieter exhaust for pootling around but when you put the foot down it roars then milltek is your one.

I have the hks installed also and the two combined in vtec sound amazing.

In regards to resale value, it shouldn't at all these cars are sold to car enthusiasts so a car with mods already installed will be extremely attractive to some people as it saves them money!

There is also the hks legamax which is supposed to be a bit quieter than the milltek however they are quite hard to come by and cost a fortune!
Thank you mate! Always appreciate detailed responses and you may have just convinced me to go with the non res milltek! That is exactly what i want, not chav loud but a deep low sound which changed when the foot hits the floor! Will look at the HSK too. Was chatting to a nice guy called Loxy on another type r forum who has given good advice too. Def get the brakes and suspension done hopefully early in the new year for a birthday present.

I also better check the oil as it's been 2 weeks since i last checked and done nearly 700 miles!

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
Who is this Loxy you speak of? :laugh2:

Loxy has been there and done that with many type r's, advice based on experience ;)

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
Should give you some idea of milltek non res combined with rsk.

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Thank you mate! Always appreciate detailed responses and you may have just convinced me to go with the non res milltek! That is exactly what i want, not chav loud but a deep low sound which changed when the foot hits the floor! Will look at the HSK too. Was chatting to a nice guy called Loxy on another type r forum who has given good advice too. Def get the brakes and suspension done hopefully early in the new year for a birthday present.

I also better check the oil as it's been 2 weeks since i last checked and done nearly 700 miles!
Good man! Abp do them pretty cheap so if you do go to buy one contact them first as you'll save a lot of money compared to other places!

Yeah loxy has a great wealth of experience with the type r. Pretty sure he's the owner of type r owners forum as well or at least he used to be when I frequented there.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good man! Abp do them pretty cheap so if you do go to buy one contact them first as you'll save a lot of money compared to other places!

Yeah loxy has a great wealth of experience with the type r. Pretty sure he's the owner of type r owners forum as well or at least he used to be when I frequented there.
Will do! Where are ABP based? Im pretty sure he still is the owner, that was the first forum i joined. What a fantastic community we Type R owners have

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Will do! Where are ABP based? Im pretty sure he still is the owner, that was the first forum i joined. What a fantastic community we Type R owners have
TRO and civinfo are friendly enough, CTRO was a cesspool, not been on there for ages xD

ABP are in crewe and are the cheapest for the milltek systems. If you have the OEM exhaust manifold and cat the non-res is your best bet as it's not overly loud.

·
Registered
552 Posts
TRO and civinfo are friendly enough, CTRO was a cesspool, not been on there for ages xD

ABP are in crewe and are the cheapest for the milltek systems. If you have the OEM exhaust manifold and cat the non-res is your best bet as it's not overly loud.
Thanks mate! Yes those 2 sites are excellent. Crewe is miles from me so will prob use TGM or AMD which are not too far.

·
retroppuS
957 Posts
Thanks mate! Yes those 2 sites are excellent. Crewe is miles from me so will prob use TGM or AMD which are not too far.
They deliver ;) you can then get it fitted at preferred garage. You honestly save a lot of money by buying through abp.

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
A local garage will charge you between 60 and 80 notes to fit.

·
Registered
37 Posts

I second that.

Miltek non res is fine, and I wouldn't waste the money on a resonated version.

The non-res is a bit loud on start up- but once it warms up the sound is just nice, not over top but can turn heads if you know its sweet spot lol

·
Registered
552 Posts
They deliver ;) you can then get it fitted at preferred garage. You honestly save a lot of money by buying through abp.
That sounds good mate, just checked their site but couldn't find their products range and no search function. Will drop them an email. Any specific garages? Could i take it to a Honda garage for fitting?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts