2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally joined this forum to find out about the windscreen cowl squeaks that seem to be a common problem and also bother me.

Apart from that (and some other minor rattles, unfortunately), I just love my Civic Sport 1.8! Parking the car, I act like in a TV commercial: I just have to turn around and have one more look at my Deep Sapphire Blue car before leaving it for the day at the office :p. Looks so superb!

Also really fun to drive, even the not-too-smooth suspension just feels fun and sporty although one might find it bad. Great room both front, back and trunk; the spaceship-like dash; decent fuel consuption - I even find the stereo fully OK after my previous VW (although some here complain about the sound quality).

I only wish I did not have those annoying creaks and squeaks, they simply do not belong to a new car! Maybe I will have to have it fixed (at least the windscreen cowl, hope it's that so it would be identifiable and fixable), just wouldn't like to be forced to take a car this new fixed...

Cheers

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
The squeaks \ rattles aren't that common a problem at all - but, they are one of the most common complaints (if you get my drift ?) ...

If you have the issue, just keep taking the car back to the dealer - and be persistent, if no improvement - it can be cured ! ...

Reactions: amronno

·
CS1.6 Pro
1,602 Posts
whats a windscreen cowl? that when it creaks when it gets hot/cold

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
whats a windscreen cowl? that when it creaks when it gets hot/cold
It's the plastic trim that sits at the base of the windscreen. I believe the fix is to lift and place foam or similar underneath to stop it rubbing against the glass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts