2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

If there was a mini meet, which would be the nearest place for you?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: Pottsy 31/8 1536: Added a poll (feel free to edit, TT)

possibly a bit early in the day, but something which worked very well back in the online world of TTs was real world mini meets (and a yearly major meet :D )

completly informal, took whatever form was wanted, from meeting up in a pub / carpack for an hour to natter, or fit something for someone having problems, to going for a blast or just having a photo op :)

basically worked by having a 'meet' sub section, with a thread for each area in which people organised when and where.

worth a go?

·
Registered
345 Posts
TTDegs, This sounds like a good idea to me. We have something similar in the RX8 Owners Club.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wahey!

67 reads and 1 reply :wink:

cheers Velocity :D

Perhaps now you've said yes, others will stop being so shy :wink: :p

·
Registered
345 Posts
Or i've put people off !!!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
TT, I for one like the idea of "meets" but if you search the forum you will find that its not that popular. I like the idea of a seperate page for those of us who are interested. Pottsy/Basegreen (if your still talking to me) any chance?

·
Registered
421 Posts
i used to go on meets when i had my ZR, they were a right giggle but it just depends on how many people you have in certain areas.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I was initially pessimistic about the idea, but I think I am coming round to the idea now. Especially as the Wife seems to enjoy Civic spotting and doesn't rib me about this place anymore. When the stickers are ready I might even get her one for the AX, would probably double its value (the cars, not the stickers)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
No, I'm keen. If for no other reason than somewhere to go on a day off :)

Trouble is, we're all fairly thinly spread out. So, as I type, I've had an idea. We need a poll, to see how many would go to certain locations.

I'll slap one in (!) on TT's post.

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Stuck here down in the Tropics of the South Coast, it has to be Oxford! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
What's up with all heading back to Swindon ;-)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
As its only 15 miles down the road, Oxford. Or somewhere in the surrounding countryside, Cotswolds etc.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Can we have a Newcastle or Teesside option please for us true North Easterners ;)

I think a few of us mentioned in a thread a while ago about maybe Hartlepool Mariner for a good photo shoot as well.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fedorov said:
Can we have a Newcastle or Teesside option please for us true North Easterners ;)

I think a few of us mentioned in a thread a while ago about maybe Hartlepool Mariner for a good photo shoot as well.
I would add that in - but it's not letting me :(

I can edit the main text of the post, but not the poll options?

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I've gone for Donnington ---- see you all there OK :lol:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Did a similar thing when we got the the Wifes MINI. We actually met on the edge of the PEAK DISTRICT and then went for a drive stopping at the Pub at the highest point (forget it's name).

Was a good get together. Quite centrally located, and some stunning photo opportunities.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i have voted for harrogate but i think edinburgh is probs just as close.
it would be nice for a newcastle/teesside meet but as there aint many of us around probs wont happen and me and graeme are also willing to travel an hour or so to these things.
i work quite a lot of weekends so may not be able to attend when one is organised but if one is arranged we will try our best to make it!! XXXXXX
Andrea XXXXXX

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
karlak said:
Did a similar thing when we got the the Wifes MINI. We actually met on the edge of the PEAK DISTRICT and then went for a drive stopping at the Pub at the highest point (forget it's name).

Was a good get together. Quite centrally located, and some stunning photo opportunities.
Was it the Cat & Fiddle ?.

·
Registered
430 Posts
elfa7 said:
karlak said:

That's the one. Can we have the Peak District added as an Option ?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
karlak said:
elfa7 said:
karlak said:

That's the one. Can we have the Peak District added as an Option ?
possibly, if we ask Pottsy very nicely :D

I can't add it - it won't let me :(

1 - 20 of 103 Posts