2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening all :eek:

Noticed a couple of minor problems in the car and wondered if i should try to get them fixed, or leaved as is, either way it's nothing big.

1. Rear tailgate internal trim, which is a 1 piece, appears loose at the top of the window.
2. Internal triangular trim covering wing mirror fixing, very loose.
3. Drivers seat, sidewall of the seat is coming away from the moulded section.

Again, i can easily live with these and was mostly wondering if they were common niggles.

The car is going on for the creaky clutch and squealing bump stops anyway so could maybe do all at once....

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
If the car is going into the Dealership anyway, get them to sort it all out for you.
That's what the warranty is for after all.
If you are as fussy about your car, as many others on here, the bugs that you mention should be soon sorted.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that's the plan, do it all at the dealers....agree totaly on the "fussy" bit , weird as i havent been fussy with previous cars..;)

·
-Thor-
100 Posts
2. triangular trim, is the same on mine. Both sides front and right side rear. In the front, the two bottom clips are broken on both, and on the rear one small popper is broken. I'm getting them all fixed when I take my car in for a service in a few weeks.

I must admit, I was the one who broke two of these triangular trim pieces when I had the door cards off. :(

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I haven't had any of these niggles, in fact, thinking about it, on my 07 plate (which has above average miles) - the only niggles I can think of are-

1) Dodgy AC (fixed with new relay last week)
2) Cigarette lighter socket loose in the centre console (don't pull things out too hard!)
3) Tailgate needs a slam to shut properly
4) Occasionally front roller blind makes a bang when retracting.

That's it really, perhaps the rattles etc. either get better with age or were sorted by the dealer from the previous owner!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK so that car is back. Apparently Point 1 is common on the Civic and OK, 2 needs replaced and 3 is just normal "wear and tear" !! Squealy bump stops are normal in a Civic also.....so basicaly everything is NORMAL apart from the clutch which has been greased....give Honda their due, if creaky clutch comes back then they will replace master cylinder ;)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guaranteed....you would think that if it was a common fault, that there would have been a factory fix in place....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts